Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ooh, Ooh Witchy Woman

good morning to you all! I hope you are having a really great week. Mine is going much better than the last couple of weeks! My new computer at work is all updated and running like a top. I have been manually backing up my files rather than letting the automatic back up run so if we ever have another crash I'll be able to locate my stuff lots easier. I'm really glad we got the new computer instead of waiting for the warranty people to fix the old one because I'd still be waiting and getting further and further behind!

I have another Halloween card to show you today. This one uses a very cute little witch riding on her broom with her pet bat called Up For A Ride, and it was drawn by the ever talented Jackie Matthews. I really love Jackie's images; they are all so cute!


(click to enlarge)

I'm not completely happy with my coloring on this. It looked much better in my mind than it turned out to look on paper, but I still think it's too cute to toss. I colored with Copic markers and then chalked the moon and the night sky. I really need to practice more coloring things black, and the dark purple on her cape is so dark that it blends in a little too much with the black.

When I printed the image, I printed two copies so I could cut the clouds out and pop them up. I used a little bit of yellow stickles on the star on her hat.

Yesterday I pointed you to Vicki's fabulous card, and I thought it would be fun to post my favorite card by the Squigglefly design team every day, so today I want to direct your attention to Maria Matter's blog to see the beautiful card she created with Lynne Stansbery's new From Tiny Acorns image. You can see it HERE.

I hope something makes you laugh out loud today, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

this turned out just so cute!!! love those papers!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Definitely not tossable! too cute.

Nora said...

Cute image & I love that background paper!
♥hugs♥

msfreida said...

That's the sweetest looking witch I've ever seen, and I'm so glad you didn't toss her! I think your coloring looks fabulous...I haven't tried coloring with blacks yet, so I may be asking for tips! Love how you popped up he clouds! :) Such an adorable card!

That Maria really knows some creative moves, doesn't she? The metal really brings out that awesome image! Wish my penciling looked like this! WTG, Maria! :)

Hugs~

Vicki said...

Holly, I think this card is absolutely adorable...love the colors and really like what you did with the clouds! Oh gosh thanks for sharing Maria's card too...it was breathtaking! I am glad your puter problems at work are over...hope your day is awesome.

HUGS!
Vicki

Shawna said...

Cutest little witch I have ever seen!!!! Love that background paper, too!

*Vicki* said...

AWW!! Holly, this is just totally precious sweetie!! I love those popped out clouds!! TEE!

Becky said...

This is so cute, love the the clouds and that design paper is so perfect.

Marlene said...

Awww...she's adorable!!!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

tout sweet!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

now hop on the broom with her and come here for a visit. don't forget the goodies either - lol!

super cute.

so glad you've got the computer running smoothly.

hugs :)

Inger said...

This is super cute Holly!!!
Love that little witch and you have coloured her so pretty!! :o)

Inger :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love this witch!! Gorgeous coloring!!

Tracey said...

Hi Holly, this is a gorgeous card & that image is so cute :)

Have a great weekend!

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Alice Wertz said...

too cute!

Maria Matter said...

oh she's too cute Holly! great design with the clouds popped!

Thanks for highlighting my acorn card, I think that's my favorite image right now!!!
HUGS!