Sunday, August 1, 2010

PCP Challenge!

Hi everyone! I sure am thankful for air conditioning this weekend! Gosh it's been miserably hot! Yesterday I said to my husband "have you ever been close to a camp fire and breathed in the air?" and he said yes, and I said "that is exactly what it feels like when you step outside - your first breath just feels like the air sears your lungs." I hope you are all staying cool where you are!

Yesterday Heather set a new challenge on the Squigglefly group at Papercraft planet, and it is a really easy one so I hope you will play along! They have been featuring different Squigglefly artists, and this week is none other than Chesney Young! You get a double chance of winning the prize if you use one of her images!

I will probably end up doing another one with one of Chesney's images, but I already had this snowman from Cheryly Alger and decided to make a twist fold card!






(click to enlarge)



(click to enlarge)


(click to enlarge)


Hopefully you can tell from the photos how this card opens. I colored it with copic markers and used designer paper from My Mind's Eye. The snowflake is a Martha Steward punch that I added stickles and a diamond center to.

Please play along - it's a fun and easy challenge and you have a chance to win! Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Linda said...

This is so cute! Twist fold card is new to me. Where would I find directions? I love the colors that you used. Which green is that. It is so pretty.
I feel so bad for you and that heat. I hope you are staying out of in and in a cool place.

Catherine said...

What a cute and clever card Sweetie ! Love the image and the soft colours too ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Shawna said...

Fabulous card Holly!

Maria Matter said...

too cute Holly!
and this fold is very cool!

sorry to hear about your heat, hope you can stay cool!
hugs & blessings!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

It's a cutie! Love the addition of the stone to the snowflake.
But I can't make out how you made the twist fold card. Can we say "DEMO"?

I know what you mean about the heat. It's HOT in Texas too! :O)

Becky said...

What a kool design, and fabulous snowman..It has been pretty cool here, around 80 :)

msfreida said...

HOLLY...HOLLY...HOLLY...can you hear my chant??? We need a demo!!! First a tent card, now this...just where are you getting your extra smarts??? When you get my age, learning something new is especially exciting!!! :) This card is beyond FABULOUS! Of course Cheryl's image is perfect for this and with the DPs you used...what a masterpiece! SOOO ADORABLE and such a cool design!

I really hope I can play with y'all at PCP...would definitely be easy since I have LOADS of Ches's images! I just need to put everything else on hold so I can have some fun! :)

Hugs~

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Makes me feel cooler already!

Kathy said...

Hi Holly,
Love love your santa and how you took the time to make this cool card. Hope the heat breaks for you it finally has here. Hugs,Kathy

Kim said...

this is so pretty!!!! Love her Snowmen!!!!

Emma said...

A gorgeous card Holly, adorable image and love the colours.
Wish it was warmer here in the uk.
Hugs Emma x

Alice Wertz said...

this is so cute! love the unique fold and colors!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oy! that heat sounds awful. i hope you're staying cool.

fun card!