Monday, August 2, 2010

Reindeer and Texting

Several of you wanted the directions for the card I made yesterday, and you can find them at Splitcoast stampers here. They are fun to make and very easy!


I have a Christmas card to share today! I love the cute little Reindeer that Chesney Young drew, and I had a couple of these that I had colored last year but never got a chance to make into a card before Christmas came, so I used them this year!


(click to enlarge)

The reindeer is colored with Copic markers and the background is chalked. It was cut out with a scalloped rectangle nestabilities die. The greeting at the top is from a Stampin' Up! set and the snowflake on the side is another one I crocheted. I popped a little white pearl in the center. The border is punched with a Martha Stewart punch.

Today is Squigglefly's challenge on the blog, and Maria is challenging everyone to use ribbon. I saw a challenge on Cute Card Thursday that they called "Texting Crazy". As soon as I saw the title of their challenge I knew what I wanted to do. So I made this and combined the two challenges!


(click to enlarge)

I have a friend who loves to text and it drives me crazy! I hate texting and am always telling her to just pick up the phone and call me instead of typing to me, so this card is going to her. The image is another one of Chesney's called Texting. I love that you make the phone screen say whatever you'd like!

Well, it's another hot day week here, so I should have plenty of indoor craft time this week! I hope you have time to play too! Thanks for stopping by today!

12 comments:

Lynnor said...

Oh, how cute!! Love both of these!! the crocheted snowflake is awesome...need to make some!!! I can relate to the texting thing. I only do it now because I have a full keyboard on my phone...before that...no way!!!

Linda said...

These are so cute. I love that snowflake. I haven't found one to try yet. I must do that. They really add to your cards. Thanks so much for the directions for the card. I will give it a try.
Taxting takes me forever, and it seems to be the only thing my two sons respond too. They are in their mid twenties

Becky said...

love this cute little reindeer, lovely design paper. I am with the message on texting, I never do :)

Catherine said...

I love your two cards Holly, they are so lovely ! Your snowflake is stunning ! What a great idea ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Marlene said...

The reindeer (and your amazing snowflake) are adorable! The texting card is too funny!! Imagine the fun I could have filling in that screen...heehee!

msfreida said...

Oh my favorite reindeer! :) That expression gets me every time! TeeHee Fabulous DP you used and ohhh that GORGEOUS snowflake! Love that border punch too! PRECIOUS card!
Love the texting one too! That Ches can really draw hands, can't see? I'm using this image on a scrapbook layout...if I ever get it finished, I'll post it! BIG 'IF' there! I know your friend will love it, but I doubt she'll get the hint! LOL

Hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

Love them Holly! I agree--I hardly know how to text anyone back when they do text-so I think they give up! Your cards are awesome!

Alice Wertz said...

wonderful cards, Holly! love the designs!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

my fingers would cramp if i had to text on a cell phone or i pod or whatever the heck you call those things.

super cute on the reindeer. LOVE those crocheted snowflakes!!!

hugs :)

Dawn Frost said...

I love the reindeer he's just adorable! What an awesome message on the cell phone. I agree with the message! I have friends who only talk on Facebook, something which I rarely go on. Beautifully done.

Deb said...

fabulous cards, love the texting one! many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really stunning! If you love challenges you are sure to love my new blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com.
Hugs, Karen