Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rosy Thanks

Hi everyone. I didn't have a chance to post this morning. Brock had made an appointment for Riley to get her teeth cleaned by the vet this morning, so I had to get up and leave the house earlier than I usually do. He thought one of her back teeth looked bad and thought they needed to be cleaned. I looked at her teeth and didn't think they looked bad at all, so when I took her in to the vet's office I asked them if they would have the doctor check her teeth out first to see if they thought it was something that needed to be done. I left her there and headed on to work, but before I got far the vet's office was calling me and telling me to come get her - the doctor didn't think it was necessary at all!

Riley was like a prisoner on death row being granted a pardon when I arrived back so soon to pick her up! The vet said that her teeth are in better shape than hers! I was really glad to hear the news because it's expensive to have done and I hate having Riley go under general anesthesia if she doesn't have to!

Anyway, I got to work late because of turning back around to get her and take her back home, and today is pay day so it's busier than usual. I was going to wait until tomorrow to post my card, but I decided to go ahead and post it now while I'm on my lunch break!

This is the last of the Stamp Camp cards, and it's not really the card we were supposed to make. I messed up my piece of card stock that the image was stamped on, and since I don't have the stamp set she used I had to use an image I have.



(click to enlarge)

The sentiment is from the Watercolor Trio set, and the image she had on the card sample was some flowers from the Awash With Flowers set. The image I chose to use is one by Laura Campbell called Rose Bouquet. Remember that Laura is donating 100% of her Squigglefly profits directly to The Theological Biblical Academy, (TBA). TBA trains pastors and church planters who will establish and lead biblical churches in Croatia and the bordering countries of Slovenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Serbia. What a great way to help out a worthy cause and also treat yourself to some wonderful images!

I am taking the day off work tomorrow to expand the already long weekend into four whole days! Ashely and her husband are coming to visit over the weekend too.

Heather has a really fun challenge going on at Squigglefly's Papercraft Planet group. It's a bucket list challenge! Here's what the challenge entails

Bucket List- Use an image, technique or supply that is on your "list"
Most of us have a list of techniques, links to projects that we want to try or some brand new "I just had to buy this" supplies just waiting to be used. This is your chance- try something new! Please let us know what's "new" about your project.

But if this is too vague and generic for you... here is an alternate theme- use a bucket, barrel or cup somewhere on your project.

Want to be super challenged? Use both themes on your project!

Also, the featured artist's this month are Rich and Angie Davis, so if you
use one of their images you get entered into the contest for a free digi of your choice from the Squigglefly store TWICE!!

I have a bucket list item of my own I want to make for this challenge, and I hope to use one of my days off working on it!

Okay, if I am going to be off work tomorrow I'd better get back to work now! Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Marlene said...

Pretty card! I'm glad Riley didn't have to undergo having her teeth cleaned after all. ;)

Enjoy your long weekend!

Alice Wertz said...

so sweet!

Dawn Frost said...

Your card is so very elegant. Love the simplicity of it!

*Vicki* said...

Such a lovely card! It's simply elegant sweetie!! TFS! Sorry to hear about Riley and hopeful will be back to self in no time!! BIG HUGS

msfreida said...

Oh this is exquisite! You chose the perfect image to replace the stamp and the delicate ribbon you added looks SOOO dainty! This is GORGEOUS, Hon! :)

I am going to do my best to participate in this week's challenge, but it depends on when all our company leaves! This sounds like a fabulous one to pull out one of those techniques I've been wanting to try! :)

Hugs~