Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Sketch and Creepy Crawlies

Hi everyone! Happy hump day! Every Wednesday there is a sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers, and this is the card I did for last week's sketch challenge.


(click to enlarge)

I used the cute Owl Birthday by Angie Davis. I love this image because it's so fast to color but makes a really cute card. The owls all have such personalities!

It's colored with Copic markers and a little bit of stickles is added to the dots around the leaves. The border punch is from Martha Stewart.

Okay, my next card is the one I made for the Get Your Freak On Challenge I told you about yesterday. Did you take my advice and go look at the entries? There are some wonderful ones! Anyway, here's the card I made


(click to enlarge)

I used an image by Lynne Stansbery called Eek!. There is a mouse in the image, but I erased him before printing it and then drew in a huge, ugly, creepy, black spider. Spider's definitely freak me out!

the image is colored with Copic markers and chalk. I used some Halloween paper so I can send it out as a Halloween card. I will add some kind of sentiment to make it more appropriate. I have an idea in mind for another card for the challenge and hope I can do it before it's over!

Before I go there is a card that Vicki Diaz made with the sentiment that Roann Mathias did in her beautiful calligraphy and it is just stunning! You need to go and see this lovely piece of art now HERE!

Well, enjoy your day and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

those owls are so cute!! lovely cards, Holly!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

spiders freak me out too but i would have been mean and taken the cat away from the window and put a MONKEY in there - just for jennifer! see? i said i would be mean!

super cute and i love the owl card too.

hugs :)

Vicki said...

Holly the birthday card rocks! That is one cute image, and I like how you colored each owl differently! And OMG that image for the Freakin Out card is the bomb! Perfect for the challenge. Thanks so much for the plug on my card...I just can't express how much I enjoyed working with that image! Hope your day is awesome Holly.

HUGS,
Vicki

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

Love the cards. Again another tremendous job of coloring on your part. I think we've all had a "creepy" moment like you depict on your card. And those owls are just so darn cute!

Elaine Allen

P.S. How is Ms. Riley?

msfreida said...

These definitely bring smiles to my face! Sooo adorable! Love the colors you used on the b'day one and ole Martha's punch finishes it off so nicely. I don't think her punches can be beat!
The Halloween one is hysterical...oh I hate spiders too and we have lots of them around here! I totally love this image and your shading on the table is fabulous! Fantastic cards, luv! :)

Oh you are sooo right about Vicki's card! Isn't that GORGEOUS??? So stunning!

Hope you have a fabulous day!
Hugs~

Shawna said...

You never fail to impress! Love both cards, but that little owl one is really, really cute. Is that ribbon or paper that is wrapped around the end? And that little cut out on the bottom right corner! Love it!

Becky said...

Both of these are fab. love the first one, with all those colorful owls and the the dropping of the T :) dont know why but it makes me laugh.

Marlene said...

These cards are a hoot!!! *no pun intended this time

Those owls looking every which way are seriously cracking me up!!! I'd be on the table if a spider that big crawled across my kitchen floor, too!

Great cards!

Linda said...

I am way OK with spiders but mice freak me out.
I love the cards.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful cards Holly!! My fave is the top one with all the colors and design!! So bright, cheerful and fun!
hugs,
Chris

Dawn Frost said...

I hate spiders too! He looks scary, I'd be up on the table too, lol! Great coloring, love how you did the halloween paper to the side.