Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Slow Celebration

Hi everyone! Wow, what a weather change from last night to this morning! So, it didn't quite get into the 60's, but it's a cool 71 degrees and Riley and I are headed out the door for a walk in a bit.

Did you get over to the Squigglefly blog yesterday and see the cards the design team made? They all did such a great job with their cards!

I wanted to share a card I made for the sketch challenge on Papercraft Planet Saturday. It's a great simple sketch to work with and I got to use the adorable new Party Like An Animal by Jackie Mathews!



(click to enlarge)

I used Copic markers to color with and put a little yellow stickles on the candle flame. I love how he's got that balloon tied to his tail and is blowing that horn!
The sentiment is from a clear Hero Arts set, and I have three little green rain dots under that as per the sketch!

Well, I hope you have wonderful weather where you are too, and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Catherine said...

Your card is super cute Holly ! Love the embossed pannel and the DP is fab ! Cute image too ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Maria Matter said...

oh I'm so glad your heatwave ended!!

Adorable party card, love the added sparkle!

Enjoy your day Holly...and Riley!
hugs & blessings!

lovetostamp said...

Oh I am so happy the weather has changed. I just got back from my walk and it was cool and comfortable.
Your card is really cute. The stickles shows up in the picture so does the shine on the paper. I love how you colored the image.

Shawna said...

What a cute one-of-a-kind card!! Love the texture in the background and that glitter in your back panel.

Vicki said...

Holly!! What a cute cute card and I love the papers. That image is so fun...cute sentiment! And you are so right...the DT cards were awesome this week again! I love that pocket design card and will have to try my hand at it...so glad the weather has turned for you! It is actually fall like here for us too. Have an awesome day!

HUGS!
Vicki

Dawn Frost said...

He's just too cute! Love the glittery candle and how you coloured his shell and balloon. Very nice.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh HOlly!! I so love your card with the gorgeous coloring and colors. BEAUTIFUL!
hugs,
Chris

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

My Oh My Miss Holly that is the cutest little turtle! beautiful job coloring too.

msfreida said...

Well you couldn't have picked a more appropriate sentiment...yep, one-of-a-kind...fits the card perfectly and also describes YOU!!! :) This lil fellow surely knows how to party and the colors you gave him ROCK! Your coloring is unbelievable, as always, and what awesome DP you have behind him...such a great, clean sketch too! This is ADORABLE, Holly! :)

Hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

Love your card!! what a cutie pie image! glad to hear it is cooler there-hope it is only 71 like they say tomorrow here too!!! whoohoo!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

awwwwww... how cute is this!

leave it to you to catch that comment! i can just hear you laugh!

hugs :)

Becky said...

Love this sentiment and goes so well with this adorable image that you colored fabulously.

Marlene said...

Adorable!! Loved playing with that image. You've done a great job with the cupcake...it looks good enough to eat!

*Vicki* said...

OOOH!! I really LOVE the colors on this Holly!! So sweet and sparkly fun!! :) Hope you're having a good day!! HUGS

bumblebee creations said...

Thanks Holly! I did put up my Daughters wedding card-I am expecting to hear your HONEST opinion!!! : )

little cardmaker said...

LOVE it and the colors (and coloring) are wonderful. I also like the half embossing.

Alice Wertz said...

so cute and delightful!! lovely card!

Patricia St Martin said...

cute! cute! cute! I love your paper and your colors.