Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Stamp Camp Share

Hi everyone. Sorry I didn't get around to posting anything yesterday. Saturday was Stamp Camp and just a lot of errands to do, and then Sunday was spent doing a bit of house cleaning, cooking some meals, and getting ready for the work week.

Friday I had taken Riley to the groomers for a bath and nail trim, etc. Well on Sunday I noticed she had worms! I know they get those from having fleas and eating flea eggs, so I checked her for fleas and she was crawling with them! She gets treated once a month with Frontline, and I have not seen fleas on her like this before. I'm wondering if she could have gotten them at the groomer's, but I'm not sure that the eggs would hatch that quickly or not. So, I spent a lot of time de-fleaing her and we took her to the vet yesterday to get her on some pills for the worms. It's always something with this dog!

None of the cards we made at Stamp Camp blew me away, but it was still fun to get together and stamp. Here are a couple that we made.


(click to enlarge)

The image and sentiment are from Stampin' Up! sets Watercolor Trio and Friends Never Fade. The inks we used are Basic Black and Daffodil Yellow. I think it's pretty easy to see how the card was made, so I won't go into details.



(click to enlarge)

This card uses images from the Friends Never Fade stamp set and the inks are Crumb Cake and Real Red.

I'll share more Stamp Camp cards with you tomorrow. Enjoy your day, and thanks for lookin'!

12 comments:

Catherine said...

Poor Riley ! I thought Frontline was the best thing for fleas ! That's what I give to Sukie... Anyway, your cards are gorgeous Holly, very elegant and stylish ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

msfreida said...

Oh Ms Riley...bless her heart! I've noticed more fleas on Molly too, and we use Frontline! Batman is highly allergic to fleas and has been having a tough time with his coat because Molly keeps bringing them in! Oh these babies! But it's like you said...it's always something!

I LOVE your cards! I can't get used to SU's new colors, but I love these! Love these images too! Now this is the type camp I could really get into...wouldn't have to battle the mosquitoes anyway! :) Glad you had fun!

Hugs~

Becky said...

Poor Riley. You would think at the groomers they would notice this??
These cards are gorgeous Holly I just love them, love this yellow and black.

PBrown9624 said...

Nice cards! I love getting out & stamping with friends! This year I am trying K9 Advantics (sp?) instead of Frontline. Last year I used Frontline & we had fleas terrible! I spent soooo much money to get rid of them. I'm thinking either they changed the "formula" or the fleas have become resistent.
Not to many things freak me out but I HATE fleas. I threatened to move out last summer if we didn't get rid of them pesky little buggers. Good Luck!
Pam Brown

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Beautiful Holly. I think my NEW fav. color combo is black, white and yellow. Just looks so fresh and clean.

bumblebee creations said...

Hi Holly! Your cards are gorgeous--just very simple-maybe that is why you are not thrilled with them? (and you didn't get to color!)
Poor Riley! What a horrible story--seems like the groomer for sure should have at least noticed and told you!!!

Terri said...

Poor Riley. That is odd. Sounds like something she got at the groomer to me too. Glad you have it under control now. Sounds like my life always seems to be something with me too. Sorry to hear you have had problems with health care too.
Great job on both the cards too!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

at least dogs don't have a wedding to pay for!!!! poor riley. i'll bet he's not one happy camper either! your cards are stunning. i like the grey one.

hugs :)

Marlene said...

Gorgeous card!

Whoa - sorry to hear about the flea bag! AAACK!!!

I've been hearing some things about "Frontline" - but most of what I've heard is that there are some counterfeit Frontline products out there (looks EXACTLY like the real thing, apparently) - that are being sold online.

(I now buy my product directly from the vet....since I ordered some online not long ago, and ended up with an Australian version of the stuff...which may or may not have been counterfeit, but I wasn't taking any chances!)

Maria Matter said...

awww, poor Riley, hope you get it all sorted out! Shouldn't the groomer have noticed there was a wee flea problem?!

beautiful cards Holly, they're very elegant..love the colors!!
take care
hugs & blessings!

*Vicki* said...

So sorry to hear about Riley!! Hope he feels better soon!!

Your cards are simply elegant and beautiful!! TFS! HUGS

Alice Wertz said...

love the stamped backgrounds!! beautiful cards, Holly!