Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Butterflies and Tea Parties

You are probably wondering what butterflies have to do with tea parties, but if you ever join in on the tea party that takes place every Tuesday on Splitcoast Stampers then you already know! Last week's tea party was for a special person who loves butterflies so all the tea partiers were to bring butterflies! I'm fashionably late to the party, but my butterfly has a big heart so I think he'll still be able to get in.


(click to enlarge)

I used the cute Butterfly Heart image drawn by Jackie Mathews and available at Squigglefly. I colored with Copic markers and added ruby red glitter to the heart and tiny pearls to the antennas. The card base is embossed with one of the new larger embossing folders from Provocraft. I love the larger dots too!

Did you check out Squigglefly's challenge yesterday? What a hard one! You have to make a card with your favorite squigglefly image - how can you possibly choose? I'm going to put my thinking cap on and come up with a card for the challenge soon. I hope you'll play along too!

Speaking of challenges, remember that you can win a set of nestabilities dies by entering the bucket list challenge going on at Squigglefly's group on papercraft planet! You've got a great chance to win because there aren't very many entries!

Go out and make someone smile today! Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Adorable butterfly! And a very cute card.

Pam in Ar. said...

I love the heart in the middle of all of those circles :) Kind of like those puzzles where it says to find the letter that is different than the rest. This different shape stands out though....hearts are my thing where people like butterflies or birds...I like hearts!

Good Job, Holly :)You know what they say...Better Late Than Never!

Amy said...

This is adorable. Bright colors!!

Becky said...

what a fabulous butterfly holding that little heart, this card is just too cute, love the embossed panel, goes perfect with his little wings.

Linda said...

So cute! I love the butterfly.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

A
D
O
R
A
B
L
E

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love the dots!!!!!

yeah, i thought the challenge was a doozy too!

hugs :)

Maria Matter said...

this is sooo cute Holly!
hugs & blessings!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so sweet!

msfreida said...

Late??? No, this little cutie just wanted to make a grand entrance! How ADORABLE, Holly! I adore this lil butterfly and how awesome it looks amidst all these dots! This just makes me smile big time! :)

Hugs~

Marlene said...

Nicely put together! Love your dotties!