Thursday, September 30, 2010

Case Study & Sneak Peeks!

Hi everyone! Here it is the end of September. Chesney, my youngest daughter will be getting married in just a little over two weeks! I think it's going to be beautiful with the cool weather moving in and the leaves changing in the trees. It's my favorite time of year because it means the end to the hot, miserable days of summer!

Riley is loving the cooler temps too. We've been going back out to the park in the late afternoon every night and she has got the energy! Her birthday is coming up on October 8th - she'll be five years old! Since I'm talking about her, I'll share a recent picture of her




I was blog surfing the other day and came across the Case Study challenge I loved the card that we were to CASE so much that I decided to just basically copy it. However, you know my love of digis so I wanted to do the entire card with only digis and no stamping.




I changed the color of the heart swirl background image to a light lilac so it would look like something you stamped in versamark. You can see how to change the color of your digi images using Adobe Photoshop Elements HERE.

The butterfly is from the Fancy Flowers set by Nina Brackett, and I did one of my butterflies like I did in this video, only I put tissue paper on one butterfly and just glittered in parts of the other and then glued them together with the clear wings opened up over the tissue wings. Does that make sense? Maybe you can tell from the photo better than me telling you!

The antennas are just curled strips of paper. The sentiment is a new one coming to Squigglefly soon, so you are getting a sneak peek! After printing and cutting out the sentiment I sponged the edges of the paper with some Lovely Lilac ink. I then placed it on some black card stock that had a border punched with a Martha Stewart border punch.

I didn't have enough pearls the same size to place one in every hole, so I went with every other hole. The pearls are self stick half pearls from Keiser. They really dress up a card don't they? I think this would make a great feminine card for any occasion, but wouldn't it make a nice wedding card done in the colors of the wedding?

Okay, you've seen a sneak peek of a new sentiment, how would you like to see a couple of images that will be available this weekend?


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this a sweet image? I love the vintage look to the skates! This is a new one called Old Fashioned Skates coming from Inger Harding! I colored this with colored pencils and chalked a little yellow around the background. Some stickles were added to the holly berries. I hand wrote the greeting on the tag.

Next up is a sweet new one from Diane Carubia called G'day


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this little koala the sweetest? I colored this with colored pencils also and chalked the sky in the background. I added some yellow stickles to the center of the flowers. I thought the little silver flower charm was the perfect thing to compliment this. I haven't decided if I'm going to add a sentiment to this or not - what do you think?

So, if that doesn't whet your appetite for the new images this weekend, I don't know what will! I hope you have a glorious day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This really is a great time of year!! My fav! Hope the wedding turns out great! I love the butterfly and the snowflake card with the skates is so pretty!! Awesome creations Holly!! TFS!HUGS

Shawna said...

Thanks for posting a pic of Riley. What a gorgeous girl!!! And I really love that butterfly Holly. WOW! Looks like SF is coming out with some more great images.........can't wait!

msfreida said...

Gosh I can't believe the wedding is so close! I know Ches is getting so excited! :) It will be here before you know it and how right you are about it being the perfect time of year for a wedding! :)

Ms Riley looks awfully spiffy here! Oh that dog...she just grabs my heart every time I see her! We'll have to start making b'day plans! teehee :)

Boy you're really on the ball with these cards, Missy! I don't know how you crank out so many unique designs just like that! The first one would definitely make the perfect card for a wedding with its elegance...ohhh that butterfly and the pearls look gorgeous! :) I can't wait to get this sentiment... it's perfect for any occasion! I'm sooo glad you posted the link for your video because I went looking for it a few days ago and couldn't find it! I couldn't remember how to change the color of an image for the life of me...old age sux! Inger's skates are fabulous! I think I will be using this image for Christmas tags this year! I love how you used it here, especially with this DP! This would be a great design to mass produce! The last card just makes me smile! :) How sweet! Adorable image and I love all your special touches here...the charm is perfect and I love the embossing! Fabulous cards luv! :)

Hope you have a fabulous day!
Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL,Riley is such a poser :) Love seeing pictures of her!
Seeing your Christmas card makes me realize time is running out for me..I need to get busy! Love, Love, Love your first card..you always do such an awesome job Holly! I haven't seen the video you refered to but I will watch it later...

Thanks for sharing, enjoy this awesome weather!!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

cards are great! esp. like the bg on the first 2.

good to see Miss Riley looking so good after her unfortunate mishap with the snake. She's such a beauty Holley.

take care and keep creating.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh holly! riley looks fabulous!!!!! i absolutely LOVE that butterfly! if only i could draw one as beautiful! your sneak peeks are fabulous. my plan today is to get my sneak peeks done - if hubby doesn't hock me about putting the those EXPENSIVE blinds - lol.

hugs :)

acreativeneed said...

Hi Holly! Riley is looking great!
Your cards are all wonderful and I love that butterfly! Thanks for sharing the video, I'll have to have a peek at it when time permits. Isn't that koala a cutie??!!
Smiles,Deena

Marlene said...

WOW!!! Fantastic cards! You're hitting these outta the park, lady!

Congrats to your daughter on her upcoming nuptials, too!

Riley is so cute!

little cardmaker said...

OMG she's adorable! Looks just like my Rags...but much cleaner and with a tail.

Such LOVEly creations...your butterfly is just awesome!

Maria Matter said...

oh Holly, this CASE card is gorgeous!!! love the paper antennas!!

Your other cards are fabulous!
love the vintagey ice skates and your beautiful background! And your koala is a sweetie...great design too!

oh, and Riley is beautiful too, great photo! :)
hugs & blessings!

Alice Wertz said...

very elegant colors on your first card. so pretty! and the koala on the last one is just too cute! lovely cards!!

Kim said...

These are all so pretty! Riley is sure a cutie!!!!

Becky said...

Riley looks so cute..:)
Love all these cards Holly, the first one is just elegant with those pearls and glittery butterfly.