Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Christmas Duo

Well yesterday I had three Halloween cards to share with you and today I thought I'd share a couple of Christmas cards!


(click to enlarge)

This first one uses a cute image that Chesney Young drew for Squigglefly called Mistletoe Tester. This image does come with a sentiment that says "Official Mistletoe Tester", but I opted to make my own sentiment with the computer.

I colored her with Copic markers and added some faux flower soft to the trim of her dress and gloves. The little ball on her hat is a teeny pom pom I glued on. It was the perfect size! Here's a close up of the fun stuff.



(click to enlarge)

My next card uses a fun image called Holiday Elf by Laura Campbell for Squigglefly. Remember that Laura is donating all profits of her images to the Theological Biblical Academy. So, if you make Christmas cards with any of Laura Campbell's images you are giving back! Isn't that a great feeling?


(click to enlarge)

I colored this with Copic markers and then added some gold liquid pearls to the dots surrounding the image as well as to the balls on the bottom of his hat. The sentiment is from PSX, and the border that runs across the center of the card is punched with an EK Success border punch. Here's a close up of the detail embellishing


(click to enlarge)

So far the sketch challenge with a mystery twist going on at Squigglefly's group on Papercraft Planet has seven entries! There have been two more prizes added to the package. If two more people play I'll soon be adding something else! You have until October 7th to enter! Here's the prize package so far



One set of nestabilities dies
One set of Fresh Flock from Studio G
One Quickie Glue pen

I've got more stuff to add - so if you haven't played go join in, and if you have played - you can play again!


I hope you have a fantastic day and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!! I reeeeeeally like card #1, it is just so me :) Love the faux flower soft and the pom pom too!

I like how you have shown us the up close pictures today too..so many times I've clicked on the picture to see it closer up and it wasn't close enough...Thanks for sharing on this nice cool, crisp morning....have a great Tuesday, Holly :)

Becky said...

Love both of thes Holly, great coloring and details on the first one, so cute, I love the elf with his polka dot shoes :)

Nora said...

Those cards are great, Holly! Prize package looks like fun - hope you get a lot of people to play along.
♥hugs♥

msfreida said...

I knew this was Chesney's when I saw it! WHOOA! Is she not a beauty? WOW! Holly you really brought her to life with your coloring and and by adding the dimension with the faux flower soft! What a GORGEOUS babe! Perfect sentiment too!
Laura's elf looks FABULOUS too! The detail on this image is unbelievable! LOVE this design with the punched border used in the middle...love that punch, BTW!

Hope you get a chance to enjoy this fabulous weather! :)

Hugs~

Shawna said...

Great cards Holly! Love all the little details on both --- little pom pom, flower soft, the sparkle and shine of both really says "Merry Christmas"!

Karin said...

Fantastic cards! Love the detail of the flower soft and your coloring is fabulous! Love her red gloves ;) Thanks for letting me know about the contest too. Great prizes!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

love them!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

chesney definitely draws some awesome images and you just make the come to life. she's fabulous!

i LOVE the 2d card - the liquid pearls and the punch and the shape of the sentiment. totally fabulous!

hugs :)

little cardmaker said...

What great cards! The sentiment on the first is perfect!

Marlene said...

Both cards are awesome - but I especially love that sassy little tart in the first one!!!

Pssst....garlic knots are little dough balls, knotted and baked...that taste like garlic bread. DELISH...and so easy to eat too many of them.

*Vicki* said...

Holly, I love these creations girl!! The lady with the fur trimmings is so clever!! :)

Maria Matter said...

beautiful cards Holly! your faux flower soft looks perfect here!
HUGS!