Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Christmas House

Well I really wanted to play in the Squigglefly challenge this week, but had a hard time picking a favorite Squigglefly image, so I have chosen my favorite newest image! This also falls in to the fun challenge going on at Serenity Scrappers challenge to make something that depicts your favorite type of weather! Everyone knows how much I love snow!


(click to enlarge)

I love Rich Davis's Seasonal House On A Hill set and chose to use the winter one for a Christmas card. I colored it with Copic markers and chalked the sky, then I used lots of stickles for the snow. There are teeny green brads in the corners.

The sentiment is from a Stampin' Up! set and I used one of the snowflakes I crocheted as an embellishment with a little white pearl in the center. I am really pleased with how this turned out. I think the little house is just darling with the Christmas wreaths on the door and in the windows!

If I can narrow my favorite older Squigglefly images down I may play again! If you'd like to see a sneak peek of something coming this weekend take a look at Kim's blog HERE! she did such a beautiful job on this!

The weather here is just beautiful in the mornings now, and Riley and I are both enjoying our morning walks much more! Yesterday I found a five dollar bill on the sidewalk. I kept thinking some poor kid had lost his lunch money or money for a field trip or something. The only thing Riley found was a bug.

I hope you have a great hump day, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

what a gorgeous card Holly!!! Whoohoo - wish I found $5.!!

Kel said...

great card. I love the snow too. Most people around here complain about it.. but I love it. Shoveling it can be a drag.. lol but it really is pretty and nice snugglin' weather when it snows outside. Great beef stew and pumpkin pie weather too. Thanks for sending this over to Serenityscrappers! - Kel

Catherine said...

This is such a delightful card Holly ! Love your papers and the image too ! The little snowflake is gorgeous ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

blueikaos said...

This is adorable!

Pam in Ar. said...

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas!! LOL, this card made me feel cool this morning :) I needed it because I can feel the humidity creeping back into our weather :(

I love Christmas colors! This year I am going to make my cards...last year I dropped the ball and believe it or not, had several people tell me they missed them :) I'd better get busy!

Great card as usual Holly, thanks for sharing :)

msfreida said...

Ohhh you and me both!!! Y'all got more than we did last year, so hopefully I'll get a chance to make that snow angel this year! Oh gosh, Molly is wild enough as it is...can't imagine what she would do in the snow!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your card today! :) This is such an awesome set of images, and I love how you used this one! The DP and all your special touches really set it up... your FABULOUS snowflake completes the look! Such an AWESOME card!

Ohhh I have so much catching up to do...our internet was out all day yesterday so I better get busy!

Hugs~

Shawna said...

Such a cute card Holly! Love that crocheted snowflake!!

Linda said...

Oh it is hard to to think that when you find $5. Poor kid if it was one. Maybe it was some who knew you would be walking there and they wanted you to have it. LOL
Your card is so cute I know how you love snow.
If you have time stop by my blog today for some news.
Hugs,
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Love this image Holly and the dp looks like wall paper. Awesome job. Congrats on finding the fiver. Hey does Riley like to play with bugs? Seamus finds them on the floor and he paws at them and knocks them around. He has a good old time! Have a terrific day!

Becky said...

well Holly this is just fabulous..Love this image as I do so many you do.

Dawn B. said...

That's it... I am coming over there so you can teach me how to crochet those snowflakes.. I have tried and tried.. I am going to master it somehow.. LOVE this.. I am ready for Christmas...

Jennifer Scull said...

wow! lucky you to find $5! I, of course, would get in the car and race off to Starbuck's to buy a pumpkin spice latte.... you are probably much better at spending it wisely than I!! tee hee!

your card is so pretty. lovin' the crocheted snowflake. you are such the woman of many talents! :)

Alice Wertz said...

this is so pretty! love the cute image!

Marlene said...

This is adorable!

Maria Matter said...

this is really pretty Holly! love your crocheted snowflake w/pearl!