Saturday, September 11, 2010

Clearing Out

Today I am thinking of all the people who lost their lives on this tragic day nine years ago in the World Trade Center. I continue to pray for the families who lost loved ones that awful day. Please take a moment of your day today to say a prayer for them as well.
Before I show you the cards I made, I want to direct your attention to Kim's blog so you can see the Christmas card she made with Rich Davis's Seasonal House On A Hill. It's just delightful!


I've decided to show you some cards that have been made for a while but I haven't shared with you yet. I want to clear out my picture folder and start on making new things this weekend with the new images that were just released at Squigglefly. Have you been to see what's new there?

This first card is a simple Christmas card


(click to enlarge)

Image is Tis The Season by Robin Willis for Squigglefly. Colored with Copic markers and some home made flower soft on the hat. The upper right of the card base was stamped with a snowflake embossing folder that had been inked with white ink first, but not embossed so it's very subtle.

This second card is one I did for a featured stamper challenge a while back. I used the Flower Power image by Teresa Ward for Squigglefly and chalked it. A little stickles was added to the ends of the stamens sticking out around the flower.


(click to enlarge)

This last card is a sympathy card I made for Squigglefly's design team member Kim Rhead who recently lost her father.


(click to enlarge)

I used the delicate roses drawn by Angie Davis for Squigglefly and the sentiment is from the Sympathy Sentiments set that Michelle Bertuzzi drew for Squigglefly. I chalked a little around the image and put pearls in the center of the flower.

I'm hoping to have a full crafting day! I just cleared out all the cards in my picture folder and I need to make some things to blog with later in the week! Be sure to go see the new releases at Squigglefly! Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Inger said...

These are all so beautiful Holly!!
Have a nice weekend.

♥ Hugs, Inger

Jodi said...

These are all great cards!! The first one is just adorable for the holidays! The other 2 are gorgeous floral cards!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Catherine said...

Your cards are gorgeous Holly ! I love this little penguin ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

3 peachy cards! lovely!

msfreida said...

I'm also remembering the events 9 yrs ago that changed all our lives forever. My heart goes out to the families that endured the greatest loss imaginable. Since I can't post a link here, make sure you see the 9/11 Budweiser commercial on YouTube! It was only aired once because they did not want to profit from it. It's such a heart-warming tribute!

What a fabulous collection you are sharing today! I love that lil penguin...what an expression! The soft colors you used on Flower Power really bring out its detail...sooo dainty! I'm so sorry to hear about Kim's dad. I had no idea. I'm sure your beautiful card brought her comfort and was much appreciated!

BTW...the new Squigglefly images ROCK!!! Ohhh what creative minds!
Enjoy your weekend!

Hugs~

PBrown9624 said...

Great cards Holly! I LOVE the flower one...off to check out whats new @ Squigglefly!
Pam Brown

Pam in Ar. said...

I too am remembering that awful day. I am praying for the families that lost loved ones and are feeling the pain all over again today....thanks for mentioning it Holly, so many people choose to stick their heads in the sand and we must not forget!!

I like the penguine card, I remember the way you told us you made your own flower soft and I love the way it looks on the image...makes me feel 10 degrees cooler just looking at it LOL.

Have a great weekend :) and thanks for sharing, as usual you did a great job with BOTH cards!

bumblebee creations said...

Your cards are just gorgeous Holly!!!
What a stunning flower card--blue is one of my fav colors (besides orange) so that one really stands out to me! Love them all!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

it kills me watching & listening to the rehashing of 9/11 on the tv. i was THERE when the towers were being built! i spent many holidays sharing it with friends who worked in the towers when i lived in NY. it kills me to listen to it over & over. i still cry!

at least your gorgeous cards make me smile - sometimes even laugh and chuckle. but you do that on your own anyway! lol.

hugs my friend.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are all beautiful Holly. That penguin is just too cute and I love your detail on the hat. Your simple elegance on the next two is beautiful!!

Teresa / Trees aWard in Crafts said...

Is it really 9 years ago for that terrible day? It stayed and still stays with me for ever such a long time.

All those are just beautiful, I especially like the card for Kim, I'm sure she will really appreciate the thought.

Thank you for showing one of my images as well, you do such justice to it, it is beautiful. Thank you.
Hugs, Teresa

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwww.....what an adorable card and I LOVE the flowers! beautiful! Hope all is well. Have a great week!

Marlene said...

Sneaking on from my Virginia Beach hotel room....heehee....these cards are all beautiful!

I was living in Canada during the whole 9-11 disaster. I was working at a Cancer center and remember walking by the atrium (a patient waiting area) when I saw a large group of people gathered around the tv. (It was just after 9 a.m.) I walked past thinking nothing of it - but when I came back through that way five minutes later, I stopped and asked another staff member what was going on and that's when I learned of it......

No one could focus that day.

Even though we lived in the country to the north of the U.S., our thoughts and prayers were here....and it really hit us hard, too.

Kim said...

Wonderful cards Holly. I to remember that day so well. I can remember staring at the Tv in disbelief!!!!! I cried alot that day and many days after.......

Thanks so much for the card Holly. It means alot to me.

Maria Matter said...

beautiful cards Holly!
love the cute little penguin and the pretty sympathy card, but that blue flower speaks to me! It's stunning and you made it look magical with the added sparkles!
hugs & blessings!