Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dress It Up

Hi everyone! The mornings are just wonderful here now! It's getting into the mid fifties at night so it's perfect walking weather in the mornings. Riley and I walk and enjoy the sunrise while she smells everything in sight and I listen to a book or music on my Ipod. It's the best way to start a day in my opinion! I hope you are enjoying whatever kind of weather you are having in your area right now!

I've got a fun girly card to share with you today. This uses some of the new images by Revi Devi Paat. The front of the card uses The Perfect Dress


(click to enlarge)

I colored with Copic markers and glued a little rhinestone to the design on the bodice. I thought this paisley design on the paper went perfect for the girly theme. I didn't have any ribbon that was the right color yellow, so I colored some white ribbon with the same yellow I used to color the dress. Perfect color match now!

The It's All In The Accessories set has some cute shoes, a hat, a flower, and a purse. I chose to print one of the shoes twice for the inside


(click to enlarge)

The sentiment was printed on my computer at the same time I printed the shoes - that way you're sure you're getting the size right! The font is one that fits into the whole girly theme too - it's called Curlz. I'm going to make this my entry to Squigglefly's challenge which is to use your favorite embellishment - I have a rhinestone and some ribbon after all and I love both of those! Why don't you play along too? You know you use some kind of embellishment anyway and you have a chance to win a great digi!

Enjoy your day, and thanks so much for stopping by today!

14 comments:

Davi said...

That paisley paper is the perfect pair with the fun image. Love the little rhinestone and the heels inside!

msfreida said...

This is PRECIOUS, Hon! Love how you combined the images to carry out the girly theme! That dress is adorable and what an awesome job you did coloring it...perfect bling...and ohhh that delicious DP! SOOO PRETTY!

Busy, busy day here but at least I will be out in this fabulous weather! It's definitely a sunroof day!

Hugs~

Kari said...

Wonderful card!So lovely with the rhinestone and the high heel :)
Have a great day :)

Hugs,Kari :)

Linda said...

Oh my goodness I have a friend this would be perfect for! Wonderful card!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

awe, what a sweet one! love the paisley

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! I love this Holly!! the colors are so fun and bright!! What a darling B-Day card!! :) YUM!!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

The perfect girlie card :)

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Holly! love your colors and paper!! great job on the inside too with the sentiment & shoes!

Our temps are lovely now too, and we finally got some rain, yay!
take care
hugs & blessings!

Teresa / Trees aWard in Crafts said...

Hello you, thanks for popping in to see me the other day. I have to agree with you, I just love that paper. My trouble usually is, that I jump in with colouring the image, then spend ages hunting for the right paper to go with it. I like your idea about the ribbon though. Saves a lot of trouble.
Hugs, Teresa xxx

Tracey said...

Hi Holly, this is a beautiful card - so pretty & girly (my fav) & I love how you've decorated the inside :)

Hope you're having a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

bumblebee creations said...

what a fun card!!!! Hey Holly-is there anywhere on the SF site that you can find newest to oldest images??? I am thinking I missed some a while ago- Thanks!

Becky said...

This is so pretty and I love the cute sentiment inside with those cute pink shoes.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

you can make ANYTHING look good and this is no exception! FAB-U-LOUS!

thank you for the compliment on my coloring. it means alot to me - coming from you as i think your coloring is super!!!

hugs :)

Marlene said...

Oooh...so pretty....and I love the inside, too!