Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fast and Furry to the Teaparty

Hi everyone. Before I get to my card today, I'd like to tell you that there has been a change in the Squigglefly design team. Angie Cortes has had to step down and we were lucky enough to have Kari Ronnabakk step in to take her place! I'd really love it if you all took a little bit of time to stop by her blog to welcome her and take a look at her fabulous art work! I can't wait to see what she does with the Squigglefly digis!

Okay, now for today's card. You all know that I was very late to last week's teaparty that Mothermark hosts on Splitcoast Stampers. Well, this week I was there on time! You can read the story of this week's teaparty here, but in short we were supposed to bring dogs - all kinds of dogs, lots of dogs! And dog things - like bones, fire hydrants, and trees!

I brought a dog with a super sniffer. This is Betty Bloodhound from Squigglefly. I love her sad face!



(click to enlarge)

When I was looking through my papers I found this paper that had the word "happy" written all over it and I thought it would be funny to pair the "happy" paper with such a sad faced dog. The inside says

"Think you're old? In dog years you'd be dead!"

I'm keeping this short today so you'll have time to go visit Kari! Talk to you tomorrow, and thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Catherine said...

What a lovely card Holly ! Love the paper ! Great image too, I too like her little sad face... Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Catherine said...

What a lovely card Holly ! Love the paper ! Great image too, I too like her little sad face... Hugs and smiles from Catherine

bumblebee creations said...

Holly-How do you think that stuff up??? I am so jealous! I wish I was so quick to think up great sentiments! I love your sad doggy--so cute! Off now to check out the new freebie! Have a great day-- I have today off-I am so excited!

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

What a sweet face. And what a wonderful job you've done of bringing it to life! Love the paper you chose (too funny) and I agree with Bumblebee, how do you come up with those great sentiments? Great job!

Elaine Allen

Linda said...

What a great hound! He would get you to a party fast.
Congratulations on having 300 follower! Wow that is wonderful. I just noticed.

Jennifer Scull said...

oh gosh, that is just too funny! you always have such great card sentiment ideas! :)

have a wonderful day!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

awwwwwwwwwww! but that sentiment.... it's sooooooo you! wouldn't have expected anything serious!! lol

super fun card!

hugs :)

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL, Love the Holly Humor :) The looong face on the pooch, I just wanna squeeze it! The collar?? What's not to like about it?? It's PURPLE!!!!!

HAPPY Thursday :)

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

heeeheeeheee, my namesake!
sometimes I feel the way she looks. :O)

Great card Holly.

msfreida said...

Oh you are SOOO right about Kari's talent...I just left her incredible blog and this girl has some major league talent! It's gonna be great having her on the team! :)

How I LOVE ole Betty Bloodhound, and I know she was an amazing hit at the party! Oh that face gets me every time! :) She really shows off your fabulous coloring, especially your blending and highlighting! I knew when I saw her you'd have a hilarious sentiment... and that you did! Too cute, GF!

Hugs~

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card Holly!! Love your coloring of Betty!!
hugs,
Rachel

Dawn B. said...

Awww what a sweet card.. I have mine all made for the tea party just have to put it into a card.. Crocheted punkins (my daughter used to call them that) hmmmm you are so talented.. Anything you create is amazing..:)

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Great card! Love your humor!

Diane (djuseless) said...

What a great image and your sentiment is histerical!

Thanks for the recommendation of The Kitchen House. It does sound like something I would like so I added it too my kindle wishlist on Amazon.

Alice Wertz said...

this is adorable! lovely card, Holly!

Kathy said...

What a sweet card Holly. Anyone with a poochy will love this!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw! How sweet!! Love your little doggy and your colors Holly!! Cute card!!
hugs,
Chris

Marlene said...

Awww...he looks so sad. Then I read your sentiment inside, and laughed. :)

Maria Matter said...

too cute! love the saying! too funny!