Monday, September 13, 2010

Featuring Some Birds for Fall

Good morning all! A front moved into our state on Saturday night and the weather has the feeling that Fall is not far away now. I love these cool mornings!

Yesterday while looking for some interesting challenges to get me going, I saw this card that Deb Felts made. I liked it so much I decided to just CASE her card!


(click to enlarge)

I used the cute little Branch Chat birds by Revi Devi Paat for my card. I used her color scheme since that's what drew me to her card in the first place.

Then I went to see who the Featured Stamper is at Splitcoast Stampers this week, and i saw THIS CARD so I decided to do another card with the same birds using the same colors.



(click to enlarge)

I liked the way the card I was CASING had the ribbon treatment in the corner, but I couldn't get mine to look like hers. It just looked weird, so I just tied a couple of pieces of ribbon through a couple of punched holes.

Today is a new challenge on the Squigglefly blog! I hope you'll go see what it is that Maria has challenged the design team to do and play along if you can!

Heather has extended the deadline to enter her bucket list challenge, and I've finally decided on the prize for that challenge. Here is what the winner of that challenge will receive



A set of Nestabilities! Please spread the word and consider playing along yourself. It's a fun challenge!

Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Your cards are so sweet Holly ! Love those two little birds... Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Catherine said...

Your cards are so sweet Holly ! Love those two little birds... Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Oooh! I love those little birdies and the coloring technique really highlights them. Nice one Holly.

Kristie said...

Wonderful cards, Holly! I really love the coloring of the birds!

Pam in Ar. said...

I liked the first card for the fact it does look like Fall. The orange ribbon sets it off :)

The second card looks fine with the way your ribbon turned out. I looked at the cased card and it looked to me that maybe she used a rectangle double punch and then wove the ribbon throught it? Does that make sense to you??

This was a beautiful weekend! We slept with the windows open last night...Today is Monday and that means it's Hannah time LOL...I think we'll go for a walk this morning! have a great day Holly :)

Linda said...

Oh so Tweet! I love your cards.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Love the cards Holly! Hope you are doing well!

msfreida said...

What an AWESOME way to start the week! You did a fabulous job casing these and I love the colors you used on Branch Chat! Also love the DP you used for both! Such sweet cards! :)

Hugs~

Jennifer Scull said...

your cards are just as cute as can be! I love to listen to the birds singing outside my window all day long......

hope you enjoy the cooler temps. have a great week!

Becky said...

Gorgeous cards this morning, love your coloring of these images.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

your coloring on those birds is totally gorgeous. it looks almost (key word here) brayered! just gorgeous!

and thanks for the "music button" tip. may have to try it next time.

hugs & smiles :)

Kim said...

Wonderful fall cards!!!!!!

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful cards Holly! Your coloring on those birdies is over the top gorgeous!!! great job!
hugs & blessings!

Alice Wertz said...

awww... these are so cute!! love the image!

Marlene said...

LOVE nestabilities! :)

Your cards are cute....Love the ribbon on that first one...very sweet touch.