Friday, September 24, 2010

Furr-ightening Halloween

Hi everyone! I'm so glad it's Friday. This week has seemed long to me and I'm ready for it to end. We are supposed to be getting some rain today which we need badly, but they say that the rain will usher in some cooler weather! I'm more than ready for that!

So with the thought of cooler weather and the month of October right around the corner, I decided to make a Halloween card. I used the wonderful Halloween Kitty Boo that Marla Shega has drawn for Squigglefly


(click to enlarge)

This is another one that looks outstanding without a lot of effort just because the image is so great! I colored with Copic markers and chalked a little around the background. A black satin cord is tied around the top and a little plastic black spider button is glued to the corner of the image panel. Isn't that kitten just adorable?

Well, I wish you all a wonderful Friday! Be on the lookout for even more images at Squigglefly this weekend, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh I adore your card Holly ! The image is so so precious ! Love the paper you have chosen and the little spider is so cute ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Nancy said...

Oh Holly,
What an absolutely Fabulous Card!!!

blueikaos said...

I have got to get me copic markers.
I love the detail :)

msfreida said...

You wouldn't believe how much this kitty looks like Fritz, Sara's lil furball that I'm 'babysitting', so needless to say, I will be using this image for her Halloween card! Your shading and blending on the pumpkin looks fabulous and the spider is the perfect lil extra! ADORABLE card, Holly! :)

Hope you have a fabulous weekend! Make sure you send some of that rain my way! We're like a desert over here!

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

Tee Hee, who can get scared with BOO when you've got the cutest little kitty sitting on top of a smilimg pumpkin?? Love the spider button....alnog came a spider, and sat down beside her...not THAT'S something to get scared about :)

Have a BOOtiful Friday Holly..it's been raining here this morning so hopefully some will come your way soon..however...it's still very muggy :(

Maria Matter said...

Too cute...actually too beautiful, this is a wonderful image and your card really showcases it Holly!
hugs & blessings!

Marlene said...

Another beautiful card!

Hope your weather cools off....but I'd be lying if I didn't say I hope mine does first! HA! :)

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

awesome!!!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! I love how this came out - a wonderful job! And that kitten is just so darn adorable!

Elaine Allen

Linda said...

Oh the cat lover in me loves this card! It is so sweet!

Alice Wertz said...

this is darling! love your coloring on this! super card!