Monday, September 27, 2010

Halloween Trio

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as I did. We had the most lovely weather! I didn't get as much house cleaning done as I should have, but I was struck with the crafting bug and I had so much fun playing that housework was put on the back burner.

Today I have three Halloween cards to share with you! This first one was done for a sketch challenge on Card Patterns. I flipped the sketch around.


(click to enlarge)

The cute little witch is one that Inger Harding drew for Squigglefly. It's called Little Witch Girl. Isn't she sweet? I colored with Copic markers and used some of this wonderful spiderweb embossed vellum that I bought a long time ago at a specialty paper shop in Kansas City. I only have a little of it left and thought this image would go perfectly with it! Isn't it cool paper?

My next card is a Funky Spider that Cheryl Alger drew for Squigglefly.


(click to enlarge)

I love the goofy smile on this guy's face! The sentiment is a stamp from Micheal's dollar spot and I stamped and embossed it. I still may add googly eyes to this fellow.

Last but not least is a fun card using one of Squigglefly's newest releases from Revi Debi Paat called Happy Owl-oween.



(click to enlarge)

It's colored with Copic markers and chalk. The sentiment is a freebie you can grab at any of Squigglefly's groups. See my sidebar for links to the groups.


I have a wonderful card to share with you today. Take a look at the card that Dawn Burnworth made HERE. Be sure to check out the newest Squigglefly challenge on their blog, and there's still time to join in the Sketch Challenge with a twist! The prize package is now up to two prizes! Come on and enter so I have to add something else to the prize - I've got some good stuff here just waiting to be added!

Enjoy your Monday, and thanks for stopping by to see me this morning!

13 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Goodness!! You were a busy bee this weekend! This weather sure does make it feel like Halloween :) Yesterday the way the wind was blowing and it was sort of cloudy REALLY made me think that Fall was here :)

Love all of the cards you make Holly, thanks for sharing :) Have a great Monday :)

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Holly!! These Halloween creations are too sweet!! I love them all!! Your coloring makes them stand out even more!! :) Have a great day friend!! HUGS

Maria Matter said...

oooo, a halloween parade of cards! They're wonderful Holly!

love your chalked backgrounds! brilliant idea to stitch the spider's thread and that embossed vellum is gorgeous!!!

Beautiful job on all three!
hugs & blessings!

msfreida said...

WOW, GF! You almost ODed on creativity this weekend! HOLY COW...these are AMAZING! You KNOW how much I love cool paper, and that spiderweb tops them all! What a PERFECT background for this lil cutie! "Little Witch Girl" is the most precious witch ever, and your coloring/shading is AWESOME! The expression on Cheryl's spider is priceless...what an imagination she has! You chose the perfect DP for him too...sooo fun! And what a 'hoot' Mr Owloween is...sorry couldn't resist! :) What a charmer he is and you did a fantastic job on his coloring as well! This background is fabulous too! Yep, you had one amazingly productive weekend...wish I could say the same for me!

Hugs~

Shawna said...

You have been busy! As always, your cards are fabulous. I really love that sweet little witch with that great background paper. Thanks for sharing your creations!

Becky said...

I see you sure have been busy :). These are adorable, love the web paper on the first one, that spider on the second is one crazy looking fellow ;)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow holly! these are all totally fabulous. crafting is way better than housecleaning. i'm so behind on my cleaning i'm really considering getting someone in. yep. i'd rather spend the $$$ than do it myself. oy vey!

hugs :)

Kim said...

these are wonderful Holly!

Tracey said...

Hi Holly, what gorgeous Halloween cards :) I'm in the middle of making some too.

Have a great week!

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Alice Wertz said...

these are so cute! super cards!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What fun Halloween cards Holly. My fave is the first with the embossed background and cute image!!
hugs,
Chris

Kathy said...

HI Holly,
These are so fun and festive. I LOVE the web background on the first card. Hope all is good with you :)

Marlene said...

I'm never gonna keep up to you - cranking out all this goodness!!!!