Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A House For All Seasons and a freebie!

Hi everyone! I hope your Labor Day weekend was as wonderful as mine was. The weather warmed up more than I was wanting it to yesterday, but for the most part it was gorgeous and there was lots of time spent with family and friends.

Yesterday I spent a lot of the day working on a couple of projects I'm making for Heather's "Bucket List" challenge. I think this is a wonderful challenge! Make something you've been meaning to make for a while, or try some technique that you've always wanted to try - it's really a fun way to push yourself to do something different.

I've had a couple of things on my bucket list for a while now, and I'm happy to say I completed both of them this weekend! I'll show you my favorite one today because I love how it's turned out and can't wait for you to see it!



(click to enlarge)

I knew as soon as I saw the Seasonal House On A Hill that it would make a wonderful wall hanging or plaque. I think this set is a real steal too; you get five different house scenes for only $3.00!

I colored each image with Copic markers and embellished here and there with glitter and snow on the Winter one. I used pop dots to pop them up on some brown card stock and then popped each individual piece on to a plaque I made by covering some heavy duty cardboard with some designer paper. Then it was just a matter of decorating it a bit. I still want to find the right embellishment to add to the Summer house.

The sentiment is one I made and I'm offering it free on the Squigglefly group at Papercraft Planet. If you want it, you can grab it HERE.

Here's a picture of the back of the plaque so you can see how I made a little easel for it to stand.


(click to enlarge)

and a side view


(click to enlarge)

Tomorrow I'll show you the other thing I made for this challenge. I hope you'll try to tackle something on your bucket list and play along too!

Before I go, I wanted you to know that I've started collecting for the blog candy I'll be giving away when I reach 300 followers. I will continue to add to it, but I thought I'd let you see what I've got going so far



The stamp set is slightly used, but stamps good as new. The blo pens are great for adding speckled backgrounds, plus they work like regular markers too. There are flower stickers, assorted brads, some unmounted stamps, ribbon, and I plan on getting into some of my papers and putting a bunch of that in too. I'll keep you updated on when and how the winner will be chosen. In the meantime, let people know to start following so I can reach 300!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love how your plaque turned out. This I can see as a family treasure! Just beautiful!

Elaine Allen

msfreida said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday weekend...I know all you girls had a blast! I hated to see my bunch head back to school yesterday, but at least they left with their laundry done and some food to share with roommates. Ohhh I'm tired! :) teehee

What an AWESOME idea to make a plaque with these fabulous images! (quite a bargain indeed!) This looks amazing! The DP you covered it with is beautiful and is such a great background for these lil scenes. Your sentiment couldn't be better...this is perfect! The only thing I can come up with for an embellie for summer is a beer top! JK but it's really true...nothing like 'yard beer' after mowing that grass! :)

Hugs~

msfreida said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday weekend...I know all you girls had a blast! I hated to see my bunch head back to school yesterday, but at least they left with their laundry done and some food to share with roommates. Ohhh I'm tired! :) teehee

What an AWESOME idea to make a plaque with these fabulous images! (quite a bargain indeed!) This looks amazing! The DP you covered it with is beautiful and is such a great background for these lil scenes. Your sentiment couldn't be better...this is perfect! The only thing I can come up with for an embellie for summer is a beer top! JK but it's really true...nothing like 'yard beer' after mowing that grass! :)

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

Now that's some kind of candy!! I love how you made the card so it could stand on its own...I only hope I can color as well as you one day! Awesome as usual Holly :)

Shawna said...

What a darling image and what a fabulous project! Love it Holly!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

that's too cute Holly!

Maria Matter said...

Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

Your plague is beautiful Holly! These little houses are adorable and your sentiment is perfect!!
hugs & blessings!

Becky said...

Beautiful card, I love these images, so much you can do with them.

Marlene said...

How adorable! I love how you created a scene from one stamp! CUTE CUTE!!

*Vicki* said...

Holly, I adore your four seasons houses!! The project is so cute!! Wonderful idea!! HUGS

Dawn Frost said...

Love your plaque! I love to do 3-D projects, yours turned out great. The lace through the middle is perfect.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

first...... i am sooooooooooo sorry i haven't been around much. sheesh. every time i turn around there's another 80 emails in my box! so, i'm glad you stopped by because that DEFINITELY gets me here!

love the plaque. love it. you are so good at pushing yourself you outdo yourself each time. how fabulous! you've got such a creative mind!

and almost 300 followers! holy moly. i'll be having candy for 400 which i'll combine with my blogaversary. can you believe there are NO TAKERS on the earrings. not one of my better ideas - ya think?

anyway, thanks so much for coming by. i really have missed you!

hugs & smiles :)

bumblebee creations said...

love your plaque Holly!!! such pretty little scenes!

Dawn B. said...

Now isn't that a cool challenge.. I love your creations. That is some tiny coloring you did but it was worth it.. Great job Holly..