Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's Not A Cat-astrophe!

Hi everyone! I hope your week is going well. The temps here have been warm again so I've not done much outdoors this week, but the weatherman is saying things will start to cool down again over the weekend and into next week!

Tuesday was another Mothermark teaparty on Splitcoast Stampers, and I was once again able to play along without being late!

Last week we all brought dogs to the races and this week we are doing a complete turnaround and bringing cats! Well, I thought the Catfood Party image from Squigglefly fit this challenge perfectly!


(click to enlarge)

Don't you think the little can of catfood with the candle in it is just so funny? This cat is ready to dig in! The inside of the card says
"Cheer up! Another birthday isn't a cat-astrophe!"

I colored this with Copic markers and used my beloved cat eyes to jazz him up a bit. I followed Heather's sketch challenge again and used a felt flower with a big white button. The felt flower is to fit in with Kim's challenge on the Squigglefly blog. The embossed panel is done with a flower embossing folder from Quick Kutz.

I hope you have an especially happy day today, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Chesney said...

Those eyes make me laugh so hard every time I see them. They never get old!

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

What a sweet looking card. It is so cheerful and I love the cat. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the eyes though - way too cute!!

Elaine Allen

Pam in Ar. said...

I'm diggin this cat! LOL funny thing, the first thing I noticed about this image was the candle in the food....kind of looks like my old kitty, Tiger, makes me smile and brings back memories :)

Thanks Holly, you have a great day too...BTW...BRING ON SOME COOLER TEMPS. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

msfreida said...

WHAT A HOOT!!! :) Teehee Now this is a PARTY!!! What an AWESOME image and your coloring looks FABULOUS...especially the stripes on the honoree! And yes, THOSE EYES! Love the DPs here and that flower looks perfect with the big button! ADORABLE card!

I guess you could say we are having a catfood party at our house these days! Sara's new furry baby had an accident in his carrier as they were heading back to school on Sunday. So 'grandma' to the rescue! LOL Oh but Batman and Molly aren't being too hospitable! Oh these babies! :)

Hugs~

Patricia St Martin said...

What a cute card!!! Love those eye.

Becky said...

Yes it is a Happy Day.. I just got out of surgery last night and I feel great, better then I have in the past year and a half.
The card is fabulous Holly, and so cute to have a birthday candle in the cat food. love the crazy sentiment in side.:)

Marlene said...

CUTE! Love that flower with a big button in the middle...and the eyes are really cool!

Pssst....can you send some cooler weather this way, please? It's supposed to be 91 here this weekend....and it's pretty close to that right now. I'm dyin' here.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh how fun! i love the colors and all the textures! suuuuuuper!

hugs :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

O how pretty!! I love those eyes and the button flower. Great color choice.
hugs,

Maria Matter said...

too fun! what a great card Holly! love the colors & papers too!
hugs & blessings!