Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Natural Beauty

Hi everyone! I didn't have time to play in Splitcoast Stampers Featured Stamper challenge until last night, but I really love how the card I made turned out! If you want to see the card I CASED, you can check it out HERE.

For my card I used one of the brand spanking new images at Squigglefly!



(click to enlarge)

this image is called Autumn Tree and is drawn by Inger Harding who just recently started drawing images for Squigglefly. I was so very glad when Inger came to Squigglefly because I love her drawings. This tree is no exception either - it's quickly becoming one of my favorite images!

I colored it with Copic markers and then cut my grass out of some designer paper. The sentiment was die cut with an oval nestabilities die and I chalked it while it was still in the die to create the white border. It is popped up with pop dots for dimension.

I stopped myself from adding any color to the sky because the card I was CASING did not have any kind of background. A chalked sun set would sure be pretty behind it though, wouldn't it? Maybe I'll do another!

Heather tells me that there are no entries for her Bucket List challenge, so if you hurry and play along you have a great chance to win the prize! I'll even sweeten the deal - if you play in the challenge let me know and I promise to send you something good! I'd tell you what except that right now I don't know what it will be! LOL!

Well, enjoy your day and thanks for taking the time to come visit me!

13 comments:

Catherine said...

This is such a beautiful and elegant card Holly ! Love the sentiment ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

msfreida said...

Oh this image is a must-have!!! I've always had a special liking to tree images, but this one is so unique! I love how you colored these leaves...fab colors! Your grass looks awesome and your sentiment says it all...oh I love this saying! GORGEOUS card! :)

We have had a very busy week but I still want to do the challenge. This afternoon we go to Starkville for tonight's football game, so hopefully, tomorrow will be a good play day!

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

Hey Holly..I think the button added just what it needed, I wouldn't have put anything else on it :) I like how you did the grass and I love the sentiment you chose for it. As usual, your coloring is MWAH.....are you enjoying this rain? I hear around Ft. Smith and Sallisaw they are getting hammered...6" in 6 hours....that's alot of rain!

Stay dry!

Shawna said...

Great card Holly!

Becky said...

This is fabulous Holly,beautiful tree and great layout.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what? off my rocker????? i was on a rocker?????? hmmmmm! lol

this is stunning. the tree is sooooooooooooo pretty and the sentiment is perfect!

how's things going? nice cool weather for ya - here too!

hugs :)

Inger said...

Your card looks lovely Holly!!!
Beautifully designed and coloured as always!!
Thanks a lot for your kind words :)

♥ Hugs, Inger

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Holly the beauty of your coloring seems to come "Naturally" to you.
I love this tree. I may have to dash over to Squigglefly and purchase it! :O)

Patricia St Martin said...

I really like this image, I think it is one of the really nice new ones. You did a great job.
Question???? I signed up to get your Feeds and I have not been getting them. Should I sign up again??? I have signed up twice now, so this will be my third time. I do not know if something is wrong.

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Holly! I really, really like that tree!!!! Your sentiment is wonderful with this image too!
hugs & blessings!

Marlene said...

Oh...pretty card...and I LOVE that image!! I see another shopping trip soon!

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty.. What a great fall image.. You could use it for any season.. I love the simplicity of this creation.. I sooo wish I had seen your video for my card today.> I will go back in and add it to my post. It is tough to figure out.. :) THank you..

Jodi said...

I've just found your blog and your creations are adorable and so pretty!! This card is nothing short of that!
Hugs
Jodi =)