Saturday, September 18, 2010

Older Favorite in the Shadows

Hi everyone! I finally finished the card I've been working on for a few days. It's not that it was extrememly hard or anything, it's that I just haven't been able to spend more than a few minutes at a time in my craft room until today!

If you remember the Squigglefly challenge this week was to make a card with your favorite Squigglefly image. Well, I made THIS card using my favorite of the newest images, so now I am showing you something I made using one of my favorite older images.


This is a shadow box card that uses the Prairie Wind image by Lynne Stansbery.


(cllck to enlarge)

I colored the image with the following Copic colors:
hair - YR31, YR02, YR15
skin - E00, YR00, E21, R20
dress -B12, B32, B34 and Y000, Y02, Y11
shoes - E33, E25, E37
grass - YG23, YG25

Once it was colored I chalked in the sky





Then I grabbed my favorite little grass sprigs stamp from Art Impressions and three different shades of green ink from Stampin' Up! to add depth and texture to the ground



and stamped the grass stamp all the colors over and over the ground area




Then I grabbed this cute stamp from Stamps Happen



and stamped it a few times. I colored the grassy floral areas and cut them out to mount inside the shadow box with dimensionals.



I used a punch to make some little butterflies to float among the bushes and drew some antennas with a Copic multi liner pen.



Now I am off to make some more cards! I am itching to make something with some of the FABULOUS new images released at Squigglefly this morning! Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

msfreida said...

You know, every now and then you'll see a card or project that you just want to study every corner of every inch...well this is one! This is INCREDIBLE, Holly...SOOO CREATIVE! First, the image has always been one of my favorites too! Oh I can almost feel the wind blowing! :) Your coloring is SOOO well done, as always! The way you did the grass is AWESOME! Oh that really added depth and detail! Then of all things, you used parts of a separate stamp which was a brilliant idea! Look at that dimension it created! OH WOW! This has to be my all-time favorite! OH MY! :) :) :) VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Hugs~

Becky said...

This is fabulous Holly, I just love this card, beautiful colors and coloring, love how you used several stamps to get this beauty..

Shawna said...

FABULOUS card Holly!!! I love how you used the different stamps to create your scene and the shadow box treatment is grand!! You are such a creative girl. I LOVE THIS CARD!

Linda said...

Wow this is wonderful. I love how your created a wonderful space for that cute image. She really looks like she is enjoying the beauty in nature.

Pam in Ar. said...

I agree with all of the above comments Holly..this is one fantastic card. It is so real like I can feel the wind blowing MY hair, oh wait..that's the ceiling fan...LOL, I'm joking, I CAN feel the wind in my face and my dress blowing in the wind.

The coloring is so detailed and the flowers..how long did it take you to color all of the flowers??


You out did yourself with this one...simply beautiful!

Maria Matter said...

oh WOWZA, this is amazing!!! Totally Beautiful Holly! love the way you did the flowers, great job Holly!!!
hugs & blessings!

Marlene said...

Beautiful!! Love the way you colored that sky! Wow!