Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Peachy Flowers and One For the Guys

Well here we are with August behind us! I'm amazed at how quickly the month passed by! I told you yesterday I'd share a couple more of the cards I made at this weekend's stamp camp, and here they are


(click to enlarge)

This first one has a glaring mistake on it - but it is what it is. When I was stamping the image part of it didn't stamp. In my attempt to fix it, I placed the stamp a little too low. In hindsight, I could have fixed this by simply stamping some more along the bottom but I was too busy gabbing to think of it!

The stamped image is from a set called Just Believe. It's stamped in a color called Peach Parfait. The embossed panel is done with a folder called Vintage Wallpaper. It's a lovely folder, but too close to the Textile embossing folder by Provo craft to make me want this one too. The little pearls in the flowers is a favorite element to this card.

Now we've got a card for the guys


(click to enlarge)

This motorcycle image is one of the single stamps that Stampin' Up! has started selling. It's not in a set or anything. The sentiment is from a set called Oval All. It's hard to see in the photo, but the silver card stock piece is embossed with a diamond pattern that makes it look like tire treads. The embossing was done with a Backgrounds I texturz plate from Stampin' Up! This card will probably be saved for my boss's birthday since he rides motorcycles.

That's it for today, but I'll have more to share tomorrow! Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

That peach and white card is so pretty. I really like the combo of colors and embossing. And your 'glaring mistake' is not bad at all. I did not even notice it until I read where you pointed it out.

Michele Spera said...

Love both cards:-) the peach and white is beautifully done:-) love the embossed paper:-)
The motorcycle is a perfect "guy" card love it
XMicheleX

msfreida said...

I wish my mistakes 'glared' like this one...I didn't even notice til you brought it to our attention! It's still BEAUTIFUL! :) I am in love with this new peachy color and the pearls are so perfect. I almost ordered this embossing folder but realized how close it was to the Textiles one too. I'm sure your boss will appreciate the motorcycle one! Love this layout! I can clearly see why you enjoy your stamp camps so much! What FABULOUS designs you came home with! :)

Hugs~

Becky said...

Love this peach and white card, gorgeous embossing.

Shawna said...

That peach card is beautiful Holly and I would not have noticed your mistake if you hadn't pointed it out. The motorcycle card is great......love the emobossing folder you used --- perfect!
How's Riley?

Marlene said...

These are both awesome! I never even noticed the "mistake" on the first one! No worries....I'd hardly call that a mistake!

Pam in Ar. said...

What guy wouldn't like the motorcycle card?? And as far as a glaring mistake..If you hadn't pointed it out, I wouldn't have noticed it! Great job as usual Holly :) I love the embossed background on the first card!

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER!! You gotta LOVE that Just Believe set!! So gorgeous no matter what you do to it!! :) Thanks for sharing these, I love them!! HUGS

Linda said...

I love the motorcycle. Both cards are great.

little cardmaker said...

I never would have noticed had you not mentioned it. Really, I looked and looked before reading on and didn't see it at all.

Love that bike stamp. Stamp camps are so much fun!

Maria Matter said...

beautiful cards Holly! I love the peachy flowers! Great idea adding depth by stamping in the foreground! ;) I think it's wonderful!!! There are no mistakes in art!
hugs & blessings!

Dawn Frost said...

I love both cards! The colour combo of the peach is so elegant, especially with the little pearls. Beautiful.

Alice Wertz said...

these are so cool!! awesome cards, Holly!