Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The rest of my bucket list

Well here it is already hump day! I love the short weeks, don't you?

I told you yesterday that I did more than one project for the bucket list challenge Heather has going on at Squigglefly's papercraft planet group, and this one has been on my list for years! You know that I make and send a lot of birthday cards, so I've been in need of a birthday book for quite some time. In fact I was just talking with my sister-in-law a few weeks ago and she said she needed something to help her keep track of birthdays and I made a mental note then to make her one as well if I ever got around to it!

Well, you don't have to send me any of your round tuit's, because Heather's challenge was the push I needed! I made this birthday book for myself using the fun Party Thing image from Rich Davis and the banners from Jane's Bakery set.



(click to enlarge)

The image and banner were colored with Copic markers. I glued the banner to a piece of cording and then glued that to the book cover so it would look like it is hanging from the holes. The Party Girl is cut out and glued to the cover and a bit of yellow stickles was added to the candle.

The pages of the calender were printed out on my computer. Honestly, getting that all printed out was the hardest part of this whole project! I used some heavy cardboard for my book covers and covered it with some designer paper. Then it was just a matter of punching some holes and tying some ribbon through to hold it all together!

(click to enlarge)


The birthday reminder I made for my sister-in-law is a little different. I used the Music Makeover template from Papertrey Ink to make a little CD case holder. The CD holds calender pages that can be pulled out. When you buy the music makeover template you get several ideas for using it, and this was one of the ideas. It includes the calender to print out as well.


(click to enlarge)

I stamped the outside of the holder with a Hero Arts stamp and used a punched border and some ribbon to dress it up. The elastic band holds it closed. Here is the CD


(click to enlarge)

I used Mark Hicks's fun loving Party Elephant and printed the wording with my computer. Here's a picture of the inside with the calender pages.


(click to enlarge)

I really hope you have gotten enough inspiration to tackle something you have on your crafting bucket list! It's fun and such a sense of accomplishment! I'll see you tomorrow, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Holly!! This is just brilliant!! I love your idea and what a perfect way to keep track of everyone's B-Day!! You are always so thoughtful with your beautiful cards!! :) Thanks for sharing with us!! HUGS

Linda said...

These are wonderful. How did you make the pages for the first one. That is so handy. What a great idea. I love the banner.

Becky said...

What a great idea & so cute, that elephant is perfect for this.

Pam in Ar. said...

I made some of these calendars several years ago for Christmas gifts. They make a GREAT gift for the person that has everything already LOL..like your Mother-In-Law :}

Love looking at someone elses for more inspiration and ideas..thanks for all of the above...as usual, you've done a great job :) I'm going to remember tha CD case idea..great for the grandkids :)

Pam in Ar. said...

I made some of these calendars several years ago for Christmas gifts. They make a GREAT gift for the person that has everything already LOL..like your Mother-In-Law :}

Love looking at someone elses for more inspiration and ideas..thanks for all of the above...as usual, you've done a great job :) I'm going to remember tha CD case idea..great for the grandkids :)

Shawna said...

What a fabulous idea! I love your project!!!

msfreida said...

YOU ARE A GENIUS! These are INCREDIBLE! :) The images you used for both books are perfect, but I especially like these designs! How clever to use a CD case! Your creativity is mind-blowing...and it never runs out!!! I think you just gave me some Christmas gift ideas! Thank you, thank you!!! :)

Hugs~

Inger said...

Wowwww these are wonderful Holly!!!
What a great idea! :-)


♥ Hugs, Inger

Alice Wertz said...

these are so fun!! fab projects, Holly!

Maria Matter said...

fantastic idea Holly!!! I need one of these, guess I'll start a bucket list now! lol
love the banner!
hugs & blessings!

Marlene said...

Aren't you clever?! This is so awesome!