Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Scaring Up Some Crows and a Mystery!

Happy hump day! I've got something really fun to share with ya'll. Heather has come up with another fabulous challenge! It all takes place at Squigglefy's group on Papercraft planet. She drew up a great sketch but there's a fun twist to the challenge! She has a list of twenty different things you could add or use on a card. It could be anything from a color you used to using ribbon or a brad. No one knows what's on the list except for Heather. When you post your project she will compare it to her list and you get a point for each item on her list that you did! In the end, the person with the most points wins!

Feel free to rotate and flip the sketch any way you want, but at least one Squigglefly image should be used to be eligible for the prize.

so, what's the prize? Well, do you remember that set of nestabilities I offered up for the bucket list challenge? No one entered that challenge so the nestabilities are the beginning of the prize, but there's more! For every three entries in the challenge something new will be added to the prize package! It could end up being quite a prize - so tell your friends all about it and let's see how big we can make this prize package!



Now here's the card I made as a sample following Heather's sketch.


(click to enlarge)

I used this fun loving Bring On The Crows image drawn by Marla Shega and paired it up with some fall paper by Debbie Mumm.

The scarecrow is colored with Copic markers and cut out and embossed with a square nestabilities die. I used a window punch from Stampin' Up! to punch out the sentiment which is from a Unity stamps set. I tied some raffia in a bow and stuck it to the card with a little acorn brad by Recollections. I thought the raffia mimicked the straw in the scarecrow.

Now go shout about this challenge so we can get some entries! I've got lots of fun stuff ready to add to the prize!

I have a wonderful card share for you today! This is one from Mel McCarthy and you all know that everything that girl does rocks! Take a look HERE. Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Marlene said...

What an exciting challenge - and a great prize, too.

Your card is adorable! The choice of patterned papers is PERFECT with your image. Beautifully done!

Linda said...

Oh my he is the cutest every! I love your coloring. Those are one of my favorite nestabilities. There are stamps that match them.

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful card Holly! this is one cute scarecrow...pretty confident too by the sound of that sentiment, huh?!
great job!
hugs & blessings!

Shawna said...

Love, love, love all these new images! Your card is exceptional Holly with fabulous coloringas always.

msfreida said...

What a fun challenge! Hopefully I can take part in this one. I desperately need some 'me' time so I can!

I love the sketch and how you used it! This is the cutest scarecrow ever and I love the DPs you paired him up with! The raffia is PERFECT! Such a FABULOUS Fall card!

Off to see what Mel has been up to...I know it will be fun!

Hugs~

Dawn B. said...

What a fun challenge.. I am still waiting to fit my scarecrow into one on SCS.. LOVE this and it is great to see it all colored.. I am digging these images and they are so easy to color.. Awesome job my friend..

bumblebee creations said...

what a super cute image Holly!! I just love him! And of course he is just perfectly colored up!!! Sounds so fun!

Pam in Ar. said...

Love the way he's holding his bow tie....super cute!

KER said...

how cute is this guy?...very...nice choice of colors and papers...your coloring of him is great

MiamiKel said...

Oh he is just super cute! Terrific use of paper to go with your lovely colored scarecrow - nothing too scary about that lil cutie!

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

This is the cutest little scare crow ever, what great coloring. I love the Debbie Mumm papers and how you used them with the scare crow.

Christiana said...

Your coloring is amazing!