Friday, September 17, 2010

Witches and Candy Corn

Hi and Happy Friday! I have two doctor appointments to go to today. I would complain except that one will get me off work a little early so if he doesn't keep me waiting a long time I may be able to get some extra crafting time in today. I have a card I'm working on that I hope to finish this evening so that would be great!

Today I have a Halloween card to share with you. This one uses the cute little Bit Of A Witch by Cheryl Alger for Squigglefly.


(click to enlarge)

It's colored with Copic markers and I used some yellow stickles on her wand. I also did a little chalking in the background. That poor frog looks like he's having a bit of trouble keeping his hat on!

The background is some fun candy corn fabric that I've had laying around for a while. I fused it to some cardstock with some iron on webbing and then cut the excess off. I like the texture fabric gives and it's a little something different.

The sentiment is one I made on my computer and I've put it up as a freebie in all of the Squigglefly groups. If you want it, you can grab it at any of those groups listed below the design team on the right side of my blog.

Tomorrow (or possible later tonight!) you will see new releases at Squigglefly, so be sure to check 'em out! Have a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

What a neat idea using fabric for the background. When I first saw the card, I thought that the background looked richer and wondered if you'd colored it or if it was paper....fabric indeed! Great idea. The card is VERY colorful :) Love it!

Two Dr.s appts....in the same day?? You're a glutton is all I'm going to say LOL...Hope things go well for you.

Happy Friday, can't wait to see what you have for us tomorrow!

Pam in Ar. said...

What a neat idea using fabric for the background. When I first saw the card, I thought that the background looked richer and wondered if you'd colored it or if it was paper....fabric indeed! Great idea. The card is VERY colorful :) Love it!

Two Dr.s appts....in the same day?? You're a glutton is all I'm going to say LOL...Hope things go well for you.

Happy Friday, can't wait to see what you have for us tomorrow!

Linda said...

She is the cutest witch ever! I love that fabric background what a great idea.
Good luck at the Dr today. I have my yearly today and I have to take my father in law to a Dr appointment too. I will be thinking about you. I hope all is well.

Diane (djuseless) said...

Cute Halloween card! I love the candy corn fabric background! I think I have some of that fabric to somewhere in my fabric stash! LOL!

Michele Spera said...

what an adorable image! Love the sentiment with the iniking around it:-) really nice job
XMicheleX

Shawna said...

Wow Holly! When I looked at your darling card my first thought was that you had colored all that candy corn. I love the idea of using fabric! You clever girl!!!

Shawna said...

Wow Holly! When I looked at your darling card my first thought was that you had colored all that candy corn. I love the idea of using fabric! You clever girl!!!

Catherine said...

What a fantastic card Holly ! The background looks fab ! What a great idea ! Hugs and love from Catherine

msfreida said...

WOW! Now this is one FABULOUS Halloween card! :) The fabric looks SOOO VIBRANT and is such a great background for this adorable witch! Oh I need to try this technique! Love the sentiment too...FABULOUS font...thank you! :)

Good luck at the Drs...you are the brave one!!!

Hugs~

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

hahahaaha! how cute! and I think Candy corn is my fav. fall candy. I mean what's not to like; sugar and artificial coloring. heeeheehee

Great card Holly.

Melanie said...

I love this card...great job...I don't comment often but you are so creative and talented, I love your creations!

Patricia St Martin said...

great candy corn background. Thanks for the saying Holly, I should be saying both of them, they are good ones also. That one goes great with your image. She is so funny and cute at the same time. I love the frog holding his wand. Really nice.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh that candy background is the absolutely best!!! this is fabulous!

hugs :)

bumblebee creations said...

what an adorable witch Holly! I stopped by earlier-but only half of the card would show! Glad it is all there now! Love the paper!

Alice Wertz said...

that witch is so cute and i love the fabric background. so clever! super card, Holly!

Becky said...

What a fabulous witch you have there.. love the candy corn, I would never have guessed this was fabric, brilliant idea :)

Tracey said...

Fabulous Holly, I love the colours :)

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Marlene said...

So cute!

Maria Matter said...

wickedly cute! love that candy bg, makes my teeth hurt just looking at it all! lol

My friend 'needed' some halloween bg paper once and decided to pour some candy corn onto her scanner to make her own. I've always wanted to try that...your paper reminded me of that, I might just have to try it this weekend!