Monday, October 4, 2010

Featuring Three!

Hi everyone! I hope you had as wonderful a weekend as I did! The weather was gorgeous so I spent a lot of time outdoors, but man oh man did my mojo kick in! There are just so many wonderful challenges going on right now that I wanted to make cards for!

Speaking of challenges, did you notice the pink Hope You Can Cling To button on my side bar? That's a very special card drive going on at Splitcoast stampers all this month for Breast Cancer Awareness. There is a new challenge very day this month, and fabulous prizes to win! Just click on the button to go read about it. I'll show you the cards I've made so far for that tomorrow. Today I want to show you some cards I made for the Featured Stamper challenge.

This first one was for last week's Featured Stamper. If you like to see the card I CASED you can see it HERE. For my card I used the Bible Plants image drawn by Laura Campbell


(click to enlarge)

I colored with Copic markers and distressed the edges a bit. The card base is embossed with distressed stripes and I tied some cording around the card and tied it off through a button.

The next two cards are both for this week's featured stamper. The first card is really simple and sweet as is the card I CASED which you can see HERE.


(click to enlarge)

My card used the cute Froggy Flowers by Eline Pellinkhof. I colored with Copic markers and sponged some Green Galore ink around the edge of the die cut. The sentiment is computer generated. The little scalloped border is from an EK Success punch.

Then I found another card in the gallery I wanted to CASE. It's really simple, but so pretty. You can see it HERE. And here is my card



(click to enlarge)

I thought the From Tiny Acorns image that Lynne Stansbery drew would be the perfect image to use to CASE this card. Don't you agree? I colored this completely with chalks and the sentiment is computer generated. I found a cool leaf dingbat font called JI Nature Bats. It's free and you can get it HERE.

Okay, that's all I've got to show you today, but head over to Squigglefly's blog to see what this week's challenge is and consider playing along! It's so pretty outside that it's hard to go to work today! Hope your day is a great balance between work and play time! Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Catherine said...

Gosh you have been busy Sweetie ! Your cards are gorgeous ! I think my favorite is the one with the flower pots : love the distressed embossing and the image is so sweet, love the sentiment too ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Nana Bev said...

Beautiful work, Holly. You inspire me to start on Fall cards. Now if only I can keep that inspiration with me until I reach the studio! Thanks for sharing.

Pam in Ar. said...

The term, Busy Bee comes to mind.....love the Fall card and I'm lovin this weather. I'm in Texas right now visiting with my family right now. I came last Friday and will come home Thursday. The weather here is just a tad bit warmer, high of 74...nothing to sneeze at..

Have a great Monday :)

Teressa Thompson said...

I reallllllly like the last one! It's so pretty.

Becky said...

What lovely cards, love the embossing and button on the first, and love the verse :) My favorite is the last one, I just love the colors and how you colored the leaves and spelled out Fall, so cute.

msfreida said...

I can definitely see that you've been having fun! These cards are INCREDIBLE! The first one uses one of my favorite Bible verses...Laura was sooo creative with this image! Love all your elements here too! The second one will sure bring a smile...such an adorable image and I love what you did with it! Lynne's Tiny Acorns REALLY grab me! :) The leaves and acorns look so realistic and your fabulous chalking brings them to life! Thanks for the link to the font...such a creative way to enhance this theme! FABULOUS card! :)

Well you definitely delivered inspiration today! Now just to find some time to play!

Have a fabulous week!
Hugs~

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

pretty, pretty, pretty!!!

Tracey said...

What lovely cards Holly, they are all gorgeous but I think if you twisted my arm I would choose the first one, I love that image & the string & button look fab :)

Have a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

*Vicki* said...

These are ALL fabulous Holly!! Love the creations you've been doing on SCS too!! TFS! :)

Maria Matter said...

fabulous Holly! the flower pot card is so very pretty!!!

Absolutely love the cute froggie card and your fall card is beautiful!
Your mojo did kick in, always love your 'parade of cards'!!!
take care and enjoy your day!
HUGS!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

these are all fabulous but i just love that acorn one. wow! i can just sit and stare at it. it's gorgeous!

hugs :)

Linda said...

Holly I love all these wonderful card. I can't even say which one the most. I love them all.

Dawn B. said...

Blogger is giving me fits tonight.. I love your cards.. The coloring on the oak leaves is fabulous.. Great job Holly.

Dawn Frost said...

Love all of your cards, the first one the plants is my favorite. I love the colours you chose!

Marlene said...

Wow - these are all great...but that last one is amazing. The chalk coloring is AWESOME. Those acorns look SO REAL.

♪♫♥ Charity Crafter ♪♫♥ said...

Such lovely lovely cards x I must go now, you will think I am stalking you x will be back x Keep up the good work HOlly x Leigh x