Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hope You Can Cling To Cards

Hi everyone! As promised I'm going to share the cards I made for the first few Hope You Can Cling To challenges. I really want to try to play along with every challenge, but during the week it's hard to find time to play!

Anyway, the first challenge was to make a holiday card using pink. Making a Valentine card was not fair because pink is normal for Valenine's Day. I chose to make a Christmas card and used one of Cheryl Alger's adorable snowmen. This particular fellow is called Lonely Skater


(click to enlarge)

He was colored with Copic markers and had a touch of glitter used on his outer edges. There was a bit of adhesive that was on the edge of the card from when I attached the border and some glitter stuck to it too, so I got the bright idea to just glitter all around the edge of the image panel to hide that. I think I kind of like glittered edges now! The quilled snowflake is not one I made - it was a sticker. I got a package of six different quilled snowflakes at Hobby Lobby, but I no longer know which company makes them. They are sure pretty though!

The next challenge was to be inspired by lingerie. I went immediately to the Squigglefly inside out Thanks For All Your Support image and just used the bra.

After coloring it, I cut it all apart and added some lace trim. Then I glued the back of the bra and the straps down and then popped up the bra cups on dimensionals and glued the sides down. The sentiment was computer generated and I added a pink care ribbon on the lower sentiment.


(click to enlarge)

Here's a close up of the bra so you can see the lace and dimension better.


(click to enlarge)


The next challenge was to bring a little brown in with the pink. I love pink and brown together so this was easy.


(click to enlarge)

I used the cute little Scruffy Bear that Diane Carubia drew for Squigglefly and colored it with Copic markers. I then die cut it and chalked a little pink around the background.

The designer paper is from Paper Studio's Pink Armadillo pack and I stamped the words from a Hero Arts set in Close To Cocoa ink on the paper. The ribbon is tied through a pink flower button.


Last but not least, the challenge was to create a card without a sentiment. This was harder than I thought! Then I remembered Angie Davis's beautiful Stained Glass Bee and knew if I did the glittering on acetate technique it wouldn't need a sentiment!




I printed it on the acetate and used a Quickie glue pen to apply the glue. Then I mounted it onto some hand made tissue paper with some pink brads. Super simple and still packs a wow!

I hope you enjoyed the cards! Don't forget to enter the Squigglefly challenge this week - it's a great one to get you started on your Christmas cards - make a clean and simple Christmas card! And if you don't play, at least go see what the design team did to get some great ideas!

Have a fabulous day, and thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! you are on a roll.... and these are all fabulous. each one soooooooooo different. WOW!

hugs :)

Linda said...

These are beautiful. I love the bra and the bee.

Kel said...

They are all gorgeous.. I'm loving that bra.. LOL too cute!

JazzyH said...

Very nice!

Shawna said...

Love 'em all, but that dimensional bra is something else!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

WOW! What a lovely assortment Ms. Holly! Have a terrific day!

msfreida said...

WHOOOAAA...YOU ARE SMOKIN' these cards girl! :) What you did with Cheryl's adorable snowman is FABULOUS! Pink and green is one of my favorite color combos and this design is amazing! From the punched border to the glittered edges, you ROCKED this challenge! That snowflake is gorgeous as well as the DP backing it! Definitely gonna CASE this! :) teehee
Now that bra looks like one of Victoria's with that beautiful lace! Love how you popped up the cups! ;) This is one of the best sentiments I've seen for this cause! LOVE this card too!
Then you aced another of my fav color combos...pink and brown! This DP looks fantastic with this precious image and I love how you did the ribbon! The sentiment goes so well with lil Scruffy too!
I keep forgetting about using acetate...what the perfect image for this technique...sooo creative! This tissue paper adds the perfect texture to bring the focus to all the sparkle! Fabulous! :)

Well I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve! teehee :)

Hugs~

Becky said...

Holly these are all fabulous. Love that adorable snowman and love that quilled snowflake. love the bee and the glitter, so pretty.

Becky said...

Holly all of these are fabulous!! I love this adorable snowman and that quilled snowflake, and just love the glitter flowers and bee, so pretty.

Martha said...

oh so adorable, all your cards are wondeful.

*Vicki* said...

OOOH I love love LOVE them all Holly!! I have been enjoying them all on SCS and I'm glad you are doing this too!! I still have to catch up with yesterday's and today's challenges though!! :) I'm going to try and do them all! It's been fun! Thanks for sharing this!! HUGS to you!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow girl!! Look at all those creations. You sure have been busy!! They are all awesome!! I love the quilted snowflake and that sweet snowman!!
hugs,
Chris

Marlene said...

WOW...you busy girl! Loving all these creations! The snowman skater is my fave...and I love that quilled snowflake you added! Perfect touch.

Dawn Frost said...

Wow you did so many cards, they're all fantastic! Love the snowman with the skates!

Inger said...

Wowww they are all gorgeous Holly!!!
That snowman is too cute! :-D
Have a lovely day.

Inger

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Ok little Miss creative!! LOL great cards and I love your "holdsemfromfloppin"!! AWESOME!

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous Holly! each and every one unique & beautiful!!!
love that quilled snowflake! great job adding extra special touches to each!

You're spoiling us with these card parades! :)
hugs & blessings!

Alice Wertz said...

these are so sweet! wonderful cards!

♪♫♥ Charity Crafter ♪♫♥ said...

These are definately WOW! x and you are have so many styles to draw from with your cards x Leigh x