Friday, October 1, 2010

If you like sentiments...

Hey everyone! I was going to wait until morning to post this, but since Squigglefly has released this week's images a little early tonight, I decided to go ahead and post now! If you've already visited Squigglefly this evening then you already know what I'm talking about in my title. If you haven't been there yet and you like sentiments you should go take a look at what Squigglefly's newest artist has to offer! Jess Holland has joined Squigglefly and she offers some really cute sentiments! As you can see on my card below, I used one of her sentiments "Have a birdie-ful day" and paired it with the bird from the Spring Suite II set by Rich Davis.


(click to enlarge)

Isn't that a cute twist on the word beautiful? I like the mixture of printed letters with cursive ones too. I colored this with Copic markers and chalked the grass and sky. The border punch is a Fiskars one. I kept this really simple and it's a card I could give for just about any occasion.

Since tomorrow is world card making day, I have decided to share a couple more cards with you! Theses next two are Christmas ones. I counted yesterday, and so far I have 35 Christmas cards made. I'll have to get busy addressing envelopes soon!

This one didn't end up how I envisioned it, and at first I wasn't happy with it at all. As it sat out on my desk though, I slowly came to like it more and more.

I used the Christmas Window image by Laura Campbell


(click to enlarge)

I colored this with Copic markers, but I didn't do any kind of shading because I wanted just blocks of color. I added some glitter over the star and the halo. I used some gold leafing flakes around the perimeter of the image and then cut it out. I haven't played around with my gold leaf flakes in such a long time and it was messy, but fun!

The background of the card was done by placing a Spellbinders snowflake Impressabilities over the card stock and then sponging some white craft ink over it. I cut the end of a decorative pin off and stuck it to the knot in the sheer blue ribbon above the image. Here's a close up of the gold leafing - I love the verdigris on it!


(click to enlarge)

My last card I really like. I did this for the Dare You To Digi Stamp challenge which was to make a shaped card. I used another nativity image from Laura Campbell called simply Nativity.


(click to enlarge)

I colored it with Copic markers and glittered the star. The background is chalked. I really love this being shaped because when it's sitting out on a fireplace mantle or shelf it looks like it's a little nativity set put out with Christmas decorations.

There is still time to play along in the Sketch Challenge with a twist! You have until October 7th to enter your card. I've already added three prizes to the original nestabilites prize, and we only need one more player to have another prize added! Here's what you could win so far (please excuse the blurry picture!)


(click to enlarge)

It's a set of nestabilities dies by Spellbinders
a package of Fresh Flocking by Studio G
A Quickie glue pen
Gemstones in the shape of a Christmas tree by Basic Grey. These could be use separately or use as is for one WOW Christmas card!
I have a package of Silver pearls by Queen and Company to add next - but we need one more player for that to happen!

Enjoy the rest of your evening to the fullest, and be sure to take some time to go by Squigglefly soon and see what's new. There are really cute new ones from Diane Carubia and Inger Harding has some charming old fashioned images that will just steal your heart! Jane Beljo has some great pumpkins that would work for Autumn, Thanksgiving, or Halloween! There's just so much to see, so scoot! Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous Holly! I really like your birdie card, the sentiment is perfect!!!

Beautiful Christmas cards too! the solid color looks great here with the darker bg! great shape card too, you're right, it would be a great addition to the Christmas decor!

Enjoy your weekend Holly!
hugs & blessings!

I'm off to check out the early release...

Jess said...

Hello Holly! I just wanted to let you know that I love the birdy card! ;)

Have a birdie-ful day!
Jess

Becky said...

Great cards Holly, love the sentiment on the first one, love colors on the second one, and love the layout on the 3rd.. all of them just beautiful.
Have a great weekend.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Holly!! I love both of your creations!! That birdie sentiment is so cute!! Love the nativity creation as well!! Hope you have a great weekend and happy WCMD to you my friend!!HUGS

Linda said...

Great creations Holly! Happy World Cardmaking Day!

msfreida said...

OHHH Honey! You ROCKED these, GF! WOW! These are ALL INCREDIBLE! That bird is the perfect choice for this fabulous sentiment. I love the way Jess combined fonts on this, and it's also such a happy greeting! You did an awesome job with your coloring and chalking! CUTE,CUTE,CUTE!
Your Christmas window is SOOO STUNNING...looks kinda like stained glass! And ohhh the foils...SPECTACULAR! The other nativity scene is GORGEOUS too! This image is SOOO BEAUTIFUL and UNIQUE! When I first saw the way you colored it, it gave me an idea I want to try. I'm thinking about printing this on vellum and coloring from the back, then attaching it to a candle cylinder and let the glow from the candle illuminate the image! What cha think??? Oh you are just full of inspiration girl! :)

Well I better get in my domestic mode! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! :)

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Simply discovered your web page through google and I consider this can be a disgrace that you are not ranked upper due to the fact that that is a fantastic post. To switch this I determined to avoid wasting your Site to my RSS reader and I will try to point out you in one of my posts since you actually deserv extra readers when publishing content material of this high quality.

Kim said...

These are all beautiful Holly! You have been very busy!

Teresa / Trees aWard in Crafts said...

I just love that birdie card, it made me smile. You used the perfect image for it. I like the Mary and Joseph one the next and just love the glitz you put into it. It looks like a stained glass window from a church. Lovely.

Patricia St Martin said...

wonderful card Holly and there sure are some great new images.

Patricia St Martin said...

wonderful card Holly and there sure are some great new images.

Marlene said...

Such a sweet sentiment....and your Christmas cards are also GORGEOUS!

Thank you for hopping over to my blog in the "Little Hop of Horrors" Halloween Blog Hop this weekend.