Sunday, October 10, 2010

more Hope You Can Cling To and a Sketch!

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend. It's warmed up a lot here and I am missing our cool weather. We need rain in the worst way too! The lack of rain is really hindering the fall leaves color!

I got my weekly menu planning and grocery shopping done yesterday, did a little bit of dusting, went through my scraps of paper and purged that out, and then played along in some more of the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges. So far I've done them all!

This first card is for Challenge #8 Flower Power. We were supposed to incorporate flowers on our cards and we get extra points if we make our own flowers. Just as I was making this card I heard that a good online friend of mine lost her mother, so this became a sympathy card for her. I used the flower from Squigglefly's FLower Friends set for my flower. I printed it twice and cut the top layer out of one to pop up over the other. The leaves are punched with a Martha Stewart branch punch.


(click to enlarge)

The flower is colored with Copic markers and then liquid pearls were added around the center section. The sentiment is computer generated. Here's a close up of the flower


(click to enlarge)

Challenge #9 is Dabble in Scrabble. We are supposed to make a square card, use at least four other squares on our card, and it has to have pink. Here's the one I made



(click to enlarge)

My image is one Diane Carubia drew for Squigglefly called Bunny Hugs. Isn't it a sweet image? I colored it with Copic markers and then cut it out in a square. It's mounted over a square piece of pink that has been embossed with squares and my sentiment is also cut out in a square. I then added a square button and tied it with some pink ribbon.


My last card is for sketch challenge on Papercraft Planet. I missed someone's birthday and needed a late birthday card and here's what I came up with



(click to enlarge)

The sentiment is computer generated and I used the High Heel image from Squigglefly. It's colored with Copic markers and popped up on the pink circle. I used some green rain dots in keeping with the sketch and it also adds some fun interest leading your eye to the sentiment. It was a quick and fun card to make.

Before I forget let me tell you all that the winner of the Sketch Challenge with a twist was Dawn Edwards for random sketch winner and Nancy Brown won the prize package for having the most points on her card! Nancy, you need to to e mail me your address at usyungs@gmail.com so I can mail you prize to you. Dawn, you just need to let me know what Squiglefly image you'd like to have! Thanks to everyone for playing!

Today I am going to get a head start cooking some of my meals for the week and iron some clothes so I'll have something to wear to work this week! I hope you have a really wonderful day and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Gosh you have been a busy bee Sweetie ! Love your cards, they are all fab, but my favorite is the sympathy card, it's so elegant and just perfect for this occasion... Hugs and love from Catherine

Pam in Ar. said...

Great cards, Holly. I like the way you have the baubles on the card with the shoe :) Sympathy cards are always hard to make, I like the way you used the punch for the leaf...In the scrapbooking class I take, Cindi would have us cutting that sort of thing out! So much easier with a punch!! She is so creative though...challenges me all of the time :)

Have a great week, I think maybe this week we'll see a change in the temps. hope so, this next weekend is War Eagle and we always look forward to seeing the leaves turning on the drive up :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Your Sympathy card is beautiful, simply but very elegent. Emma would love your girl with the bunny. Your backgrounds are really nice and I love the way you colored her and the bunny. Sentament is perfect. Don't we all feel that way at times because we all do that forget someones birthday. Enjoyed all your cards.

msfreida said...

First, congratulations Dawn and Nancy! I know you're gonna enjoy your prizes! What a fun challenge that was! :) WaaaHooo!!!

Holly, you continue to amaze me with how quickly you get your cards made and with such uniqueness! Each one is so special in its own way...such as the beautiful flower you made ...and ohhh that color! Gorgeous! The design of this card is sooo refined and sooo perfect for the occasion. (Sorry about your friend's mom)
Now the Dabble with Scrabble is such a creative theme and you aced it! I think this EB folder was made with this challenge in mind! teehee :) Diane did such a fab job with this image and your coloring brings it to life. AWESOME blending BTW!
I know your friend will forgive you for missing her birthday when she sees this incredible card! The sentiment is very creative and the way you used the rain drops just leads your eye in the right direction! This is one of my favorite color combos too...so fresh looking! :) LOVE it!

Well the kids are home for fall break so you know what I'll be doing the next few days! CALGON...take me away!!!! ;)

Hugs~

Becky said...

What wonderful cards, love the first one,the colors are beautiful, a beautiful card for a sad time.
The second one is adorable, love the image and the sentiment.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwww...these are fabulous! I love all the embossing too. Hope all is well with you. :)

Dawn Frost said...

Wow Holly you've been so busy! Fantastic job on all of the cards, they are all gorgeous!

Kristie said...

Great cards. The sympathy one is just beautiful!

Niki said...

The sympathy card is gorgeous. I love the simplicity.

Niki

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards Holly, the top one is so elegant, the 2nd one is so pretty & the image is from one of my fav designers (love that sentiment too), last but not least I love the 3rd card & it is in my fav colour combo :)

Have a great week!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Marlene said...

These are great! I will admit, I stumbled on the "heel"....just for three seconds, though! HA!!! (Imagine listening to me say to myself, "I feel like such a shoe"....HA HA HA!)

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Gorgeous cards Holly!! I've gotten a bit busy and haven't been keeping up with these challenges...hope to get back to them this week!! TFS!! :)

joanne said...

Love the very elegant sympathy card. I can hardly wait each day to open your blog letter to see what you've come up with.

Faith Hope Cherrytea ~ said...

the textures in the sympathy card are so lovely & add to the sentiment - beautiful..

♪♫♥ Charity Crafter ♪♫♥ said...

Hi Holly x Sympathy cards are not easy but you have nailed it x Leigh x