Thursday, October 7, 2010

more hope you can cling to challenge cards

Hi everyone! Okay, I'm still on a roll here and am loving these Hope You Can Cling To challenges! I have three more to share with you today.

The first one is for the fourth challenge which was to make a card with four layers (the card base could count as a layer) and use four different embellishments. Here's my card


(click to enlarge)

I used the wonderful Willow image that Rich Davis drew for Squigglefly. It's one of my favorite images! I think it's fairly obvious to see my layers, but the embellishments might not be so noticeable so I'll point them out.

I used a die cut from Provo Craft to cut the fancy photo corner and am counting it as one embellishment. I used some ribbon, a button, and on each of the fruits in the tree I have put a small clear rain dot on top! The image is colored with Copic markers and the sky and grass are chalked.

The fifth challenge was to use twine on your card. They'd like you to think outside the box a little and not just tie some through a button. I thought I had struck upon a really cool idea to glue some twine in an interesting pattern to some chipboard and then use it as an embossing folder by running it through my cuttlebug. However, my idea didn't work out. All I succeeded in doing was flattening my twine! I guess I would have to find something more rigid than chipboard to glue my twine to.

So, while this twine idea isn't as "outside the box" as I'd like it to be, I still think it looks good.



(click to enlarge)

I made little photo holder corner thingies with the twine letting it hold my image in place. The image is another favorite of mine from Rich Davis called Little Hi. It's colored with Copic markers and the sky is chalked.

The next challenge was to use something new and something you've had in your stash for a while. Here's my card


(click to enlarge)

My something new on this card is the sentiment! It's one of the new releases from Squigglefly's newest artist Jess Holland called Love Is Like A Butterfly. I paired it with the Butterfly Cluster image which isn't new and everything else on my card is from my stash.

I colored the butterflies with Copic markers and added glitter. I thought the heart paper was perfect because it went with the blue of my butterflies and if you look closely you will see little hearts in the butterfly wings!

Today is the very last day to get a card in the Sketch challenge with a twist, and we are up to five prizes in the prize package now! So, if you've been working on a card and haven't entered it yet you need to do that today! The winner will be revealed tomorrow.

Also, there aren't very many entries in the blog challenge so you have a great chance of winning if you enter that and there's still plenty of time.

I wish you all a great day and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Shawna said...

You have some fabulous little details on these cards! I especially like the way you used the twine in the corners of the middle card. Thanks for sharing.

Becky said...

Fabulous cards..Love the images, they are so wonderful. I got to get me a new printer so I can use my digis :)

bumblebee creations said...

Love your cards HOlly!!! That middle image catches my eye every time you make a card with--I know I bought it to--gotta get a spare minute to make a card with it--lets see if I can get it done this weekend!

msfreida said...

DANG GIRL...I just don't know how you do it! It takes me sooo long to ponder over one card, and you just spit them out like it was nothin'...and each one is sooo unique! "Willow" is one of my favorites too! We had 2 in our yard before a tornado took them out a few yrs back. :( I love the DPs you used as your base and that photo corner really adds a decorative touch. The rain dots look FABULOUS...really adds to the image!
What a creative move using the twine as you did! It not only serves as a unique way to secure the image, the texture it adds is fantastic!
I SOOO love Jess's butterfly sentiment! Mixing the fonts as she did gives it such a flair, and using the Butterfly Cluster is PERFECT for it! Really carries out the 'love' theme! :)
All of these are SOOO creative...you can really tell you put a lot of thought into their designs! :) WTG, GF!

Hugs~

Marlene said...

These are all craftastic! I can see why that tree is one of your favorites...very pretty!

Vicki said...

Hello Holly! What a beautiful set of cards. I love them all but really love the butterfly one! How breathtaking that one is! Sorry I have been MIA for a while, have a lot to catch up on!
HUGS!
Vicki

Alice Wertz said...

these are so pretty and fun! fabulous coloring!!

Jess said...

These are all lovely cards Holly! I want that Willow tree stamp now!

I especially love it when you use my sentiments on your cards!

Inger said...

Beautiful cards again Holly!!!
Love your coloring! :)
Have a lovely weekend.

Inger

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow holly! these are all fabulous, but i'm lovin' that willow tree!!!

oh you know me so well.... caught up in time to fall behind!!! you betcha!

hugs :)

♪♫♥ Charity Crafter ♪♫♥ said...

these are my absolute favs x I couldnt stop at the 11th October, havent too much fun! :@) x Leigh x