Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Babies and Kitties

hi everyone! Boy did we have a rainy day yesterday! Not long after Riley and I finished our walk the rains came in and it didn't stop all day long. It was wonderful! The only thing that would have made it better was if I had been home instead of at work, but I still enjoyed it. Today I have two cards to share with you. The first one is one I made for my best friend's daughter who just found out that she is expecting a baby in July! I found this darling scrapbook paper at Michaels and used it as the background and also cut out some of the cute things on it to adorn the inside of the card.


(click to enlarge)

the image is called Baby Bump from Squigglefly, but I cut the silhouette of the woman out and mounted it directly on the designer paper. Here's a look at the inside


(click to enlarge)

My next card uses a brand new image called Beloved Kitties from Squigglefly. It's drawn by Suzanne Urban and I love the grouchy look she's given this kitty!


(click to enlarge)

I printed the sentiment that comes with this image directly on to the card stock base and my image is colored with colored pencils. I added some yellow stickles for his halo, glitter on his wings, and puff paint on the clouds. He looks grumpy even though he's on his way to heaven! The whole time I was making this I was thinking that it's lucky for my kitty if this is true! I'm sure anyone who has ever had a cat can relate to this.

There are more new images by Suzanne at Squigglefly - in fact all of the new ones that I thought were coming out on Saturday are there now, so run take a look! I hope you have a fabulous Tuesday, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Leanne said...

What lovely cards!!

These would be fabulous entries into the Top Tip Tuesday Anything Goes challenge this week - you can enter as many times as you like!

Hope to see you there! Leanne xx

Maria Matter said...

aw, sweet baby Momma card, how exciting for you friend!

LOVE your kittie card Holly, too fun!
hugs & blessings!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh that baby card is stunning! i love the silhouette.

now fat & grumpy.... good to know they go to heaven too - lol

rained here too. today more rain but with an "icy" feel - yuck.

hugs :)

Linda said...

So cute. I love the baby bump! I found out yesterday that a young friend is expecting number 4. One every two years. She is so sweet and happy all the time. Her hubby in a kindergarten teacher. They are the people who should have lots of kids.
The kitty card is adorable too.

bumblebee creations said...

How cute Holly! And I love your idea below for the kids craft reindeer!! You can bet tonight you know I will be tracing Em's hand and feet!

Lola said...

Great baby bump card! How exciting.

And I have a cat...so yup, I've seen this face MANY times! :)

Kim said...

love both cards Holly!

Dawn Frost said...

Fat and grumpy cats, lol! Great image Holly.

Vicki said...

Holly such cute cards...that is a perfect mother to be card! Love it...and I had to smile when I saw the second card...made me think of my Riley...ohhhh how I miss him...but he was a fat boy! Hope your day was a great one Holly!

HUGS!
Vicki

Jess said...

What a fabulous sentiment to go with that grumpy kitty image!! Love it!

Marlene said...

Adorable baby bump card - but that fat grumpy cat is making me laugh!!! Love the cards!

*Vicki* said...

Love the silhouette image and papers!! That fat kitty is hilarious girl!! Beautiful coloring!! :)