Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ballerina Bear Is Featured

Good morning everyone! I'm happy to report that Niki did get in touch with me yesterday and the blog candy will be mailed to her today. I love it when I don't have to try to track down a prize winner or pick a new one!

As most of you know I love playing in the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers, and I didn't miss it this week either! The gallery being featured is a fabulous one! I found a lot of cards there I loved and know I'll be going back again and again for inspiration. The card I CASED can be seen HERE, and here's the card I made


(click to enlarge)

I used the cute Ballerina Bear drawn by Susan Spiller for Squigglefly. She's colored with Copic markers and I used some Cotton Candy stickles on the flowers on her dress and shoes.

I cut her out with a square nestabilites and then turned it over and embossed it so I'd have the little indented edge. I used a Martha Stewart border punch under the image and pierced around the entire edge of the designer paper. It was finished off with a bit of dotted pink ribbon wrapped around the corner and tied in a bow. This is going to my niece for her birthday which is later in the month.

I hope you forgive me for only having one card to show you today! You didn't get spoiled did you? LOL! Run by Squigglefly's blog and have a look at their challenge this week. The design team has done a great job on their cards! Have a wonderful Tuesday, and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Awww your niece will love this Holly. I really like your piercing around the edges. Great card..

Pam in Ar. said...

I love that border punch you used :) Cute little bear Holly.....

Vicki said...

Holly so cute...really love the piercing you did as well! Your niece will treasure this card! Have great day Holly!

HUGS!
Vicki

eiyiyi said...

Adorable Holly, and the piercing gives it such a delicate look. Love it. hugs, eileen

Shawna said...

AWWWWW! How sweet is this card. I love the piercing and that little bit of punched white "lace".

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Your niece is going to love this card! The bear is just so adorable. And I really love how you have framed her out - what a gorgeous card.

Elaine Allen

Catherine said...

What a delicious card Holly ! Love the piercing all around... Very sweet design too ! Hugs and love from Catherine

bumblebee creations said...

what a darling little bear Holly!!! Gorgeous colors you used!

msfreida said...

What a precious card...I know it will be a hit with your niece! :) I love the soft colors you used on Ballerina Bear, and that piercing looks MARVELOUS! The ribbon and punched border really add the finishing touches! Simply ADORABLE! :)

Off to go vote!
Hugs~

Maria Matter said...

oh I LOVE that piercing Holly!!!
Beautiful card!
hugs & blessings!

Dawn Frost said...

Holly she is so cute! Love how you did the border with the punch!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh wow holly! now this is simply fabulous! i love that piercing! the perfect touch!

hugs :)

Becky said...

This is so cute! Love this sweet image and the coloring is fabulous. Love that paper piercing design also.

Minta's Creations said...

Too cute! Love it... I'm your newest follower! Great blog.
Minta

Check out my blog.
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Marlene said...

Awwww!!!! So stinkin' CUTE! The paper piercing is bang on, sister!

*Vicki* said...

Now how can you NOT love this one?!!! I think she's so adorable!! Love these bear images and you've got just the right colors and touches on her too!! :) HUGS

Lola said...

She is SOOOO pretty! I bet your niece is going to love it. Such patience with the paper piercing and it's a great addition to this card.

sucor said...

What a sweet card! Adorable image and awesome coloring! I love the piercing, it really makes the card.