Monday, November 15, 2010

Bunny Sweetness

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. Mine went by in the blink of an eye. I know some of you are probably wondering what's up at Squigglefly. There hasn't been any new images released in a couple of weeks, but there's a lot going on behind the scenes. If you want a freebie and more information on what's to come Go See HERE. In the meantime, why don't you take a look at all the wonderful images they already have, or browse their huge idea gallery for inspiration to fuel your creativity?

Speaking of cards that inspire, if you haven't seen this card that Patricia St. Martin made with the Daisy Fairy image from Squigglefly, you need to pop over there and see it now. It's just a delightful treat!

Yesterday's featured stamper on Splitcoast stampers has a awesome gallery full of great cards to CASE. I finally settled on THIS card. I had every intention of printing my image on to watercolor paper like she did because I loved the texture it gave the finished image, but I couldn't find any watercolor paper in my craft room.


(click to enlarge)

The adorable bunny with the tulip is called Rupert's Gift and is drawn by Crissy Armstrong for Squigglefly. I colored with Copic markers and stamped the grass sprigs beneath the bunny. The sky is chalked. I sponged a little Pink Passion ink on the scalloped layer.

I went shopping on Friday and found a bunch of Spellbinder's nestabilities on clearance at Hobby Lobby. I bought a couple and discovered later that I already owned one set! I decided to offer this up as a prize for the Squigglefly challenge this week. So head over to the Squigglefly Blog, check the challenge out, and play along for a chance to win this



I hope you all have a great day, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Awesome candy Holly...LOL, your card looks like Easter, are you doing what the stores do? They put Christmas out before Halloween is even over..GEEZ! Love the card, feels like Spring :) Have a great day :)

Linda said...

Oh Rupert is so sweet! I met Pat last spring. She does make beautiful card. I will go take a look.
Thanks Holly for all you do!
Hugs,
Linda

Maria Matter said...

awww, what a sweet little bunny! love your card Holly!
have a great Monday!
hugs & blessings!

*Vicki* said...

AWWWW!! I love that bunny Holly!! Beautiful papers with the sparkle too!! TFS! HUGs

Patricia St Martin said...

That is a really sweet Bunny, you have colored so nicly. The paper you used is really nice.

Alice Wertz said...

your card is super cute, Holly! love it!

Marlene said...

Your bunny is so sweet, I'm practically getting a toothache! *snicker*

What a cool prize! (But don't ya hate it when you buy something you already have? Happens to me ALL THE TIME!)

theCook said...

Aww that bunny is SO cute!

sucor said...

I love this! Such a sweet card!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is such a cute bunny! What a deal on the Spellbinder dies! Yipes!

Rachel said...

This is sooo adorable Holly!! love that little bunny and those papers are perfect!!
hugs,
Rachel

Becky said...

I just love this image, that is the cutest bunny.

msfreida said...

How ADORABLE! Such a precious bunny and awesome coloring/blending...you always get those cheeks just perfect! :) The DPs are sooo perfect for the image! Such a great card! :)

Hugs~

Dawn Frost said...

The bunny is just adorable Holly, love the background paper! I've bought items that I've already owned, funny how that works! lol

christine pethers said...

Had to come and have a look at your card Holly. She is really cute and definately spring . Makes me sad tho coz we lost our 'pensioner' rabbit to a fox last week
anyway less of that - awesome card
love Chris