Monday, November 8, 2010

Easy Does It

Hi everyone! I had a great time at the stamp a stack and I will share those cards with you as soon as I have time to photograph them. I can't say enough about how wonderful Wicked was! The singing and the special effects were all just magical. It was their third performance and they've all been sold out. If it's ever in your area I highly encourage you to go and to get your tickets early!

I have a really quick card to share with you today.


(click to enlarge)

This was super quick and easy and one that would be great if you had a lot of cards to do. I used a couple of flourishes from the Tribal Flourish Pack by Burcu Arat Sup. I changed the color of them in Adobe Photoshop Elements (tutorial here) and used one in a repeating pattern and smaller for the background. I just filled up a whole sheet.

The other flourish was used to frame my sentiment. I printed the sentiment myself using a fabulous font called Eutemia. You can get it free HERE. I just think it's so elegant looking.

I clipped the corners with some corner scissors and added some blue gemstones to the sentiment frame. Then I used some more of the background I printed to make this birthday card


(click to enlarge)

The sentiment for this one is by Jess Holland called Birthday Wishes, and I changed the color of this to match. Then I cut around it using a template and sponged the edges with Ballet Blue ink. I punched some slots on either end and threaded some ribbon through to wrap around the background panel. Another quick and easy one to do!

I guess by now you realize that Squigglefly didn't release any new images this week. Ashley said she's holding them until next week - so check for new ones then. In the mean time, go check out the blog for this week's challenge!

Have a super day, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Catherine said...

Your two cards are so lovely and elegant Holly ! Love the paper ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love these cards. What beautiful colors you chose and they look so elegant.

Elaine Allen

Linda said...

Oh I knew you would love Wicked.
Your cards are wonderful and thanks for the link to the beautiful font.

Shawna said...

Quick, easy, and gorgeous!

Maria Matter said...

omgosh, Holly, these turned out so nice! Very elegant and beautiful!
great job!
hugs & blessings!

Niki said...

These are great, very elegant.

msfreida said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your weekend! :) I'm really hoping Wicked comes close enough that we can see it!

Your cards are EXACTLY what I needed to see this morning! What elegant and unique designs you made with the Tribal Flourishes! I MUST find out EXACTLY how you made that background paper...remember, you're dealing with a PC dummy here! ;) The colors you chose with the design just screams sophistication to me...then add your bling, it's SMOKIN' HOT! Oh I love this! :) The font you used is exactly what I have been looking for my blog banner...figure it will be great for my heartstring! ;) The Birthday Wishes card is just as gorgeous! Love how you used the ribbon! Jess's font here is another one that grabs me! I don't think there's a question that I have an addiction to fonts and you definitely are my supplier! :) teehee

Hope you have an awesome week! Enjoy this fabulous weather! :)
Hugs~

*Vicki* said...

I am loving that background pattern on both of your creations today Holly!! They may be simple, but very nice and elegant!! HUGS

Marlene said...

Beautiful x 2!!! Blue is so pretty and elegant.

Good for you...you even came back with a half assed report on WICKED. :)

Elaine M said...

Both cards are incredible!! You should be getting a commission from Squigglefly - you've certainly inspired me to shop shop shop

Lola said...

Gorgeous cards! I love using "stamps" to make backgrounds and your DP is just awesome.

Wicked is coming here soon but my DH doesn't "do" musicals. Plus I believe it sold out right away.

sucor said...

Both cards are so elegant!

Dawn Frost said...

So simple and yet so elegant! Lovely Holly.

Jess said...

LOVE these! You sure do love that sentiment Holly!

:)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! very vintage.

hugs :)

Alice Wertz said...

these are so elegant. beautiful cards, Holly!