Friday, November 5, 2010

Expanding on Christmas

Hi everyone and happy Friday! Ya'll really made me feel guilty about my cat! I'm sure it seems to you that he is neglected and Riley gets all of the attention, but that isn't the case at all. He is a really sweet boy who likes the company of humans, and he hangs out with me a lot. As much as I hate pictures of myself, I will show you where his most favorite place to be is



He loves to sit wrapped around my neck on my shoulders. It's wonderful in the winter time - like a living stole! LOL!

I have two cards to share with you today. Do you remember the card I made a few days ago with the Christmas Montage image that Rich Davis drew?


(click to enlarge)

I told you that that one image was like having thirteen different images because you could choose to just print parts of it. Well, that's what I did with these two cards. This first one just uses one half of the image.


(click to enlarge)

I colored each image with Copic markers and then added a few embellishing touches like glitter to the star, faux flower soft to the trim on the hat, a little gold embossing powder to the top of the ornament,and puff paint to the marshmallows in the cup of hot chocolate. Then I cut each image out and matted it with some green card stock and then cut around that with some decorative edged scissors.

My second card was done for this week's sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. I just printed the hot chocolate cup and enlarged it.


(click to enlarge)

I puffed up the marshmallows on this one too - too fun! The sentiment is computer generated in that Pea Steph font I used the other day. The snowflake button is from Recollections.


Those of you who were hoping to win my blog candy for the crocheted snowflakes now have a chance to win a set of five different snowflakes I crocheted plus a free image of your choice from Squigglefly just for playing in the challenge going on at Squigglefly's group on Papercraft Planet. It's a super easy challenge too - just make a card using a Squigglefly image and send it to someone! The theme is anything goes, we just want your card to go to someone. How easy is that? Do something we all love doing anyway, send it to someone to make their day, and you have a chance to win some fun snowflakes and pick an image to use for more fun later!

However you spend your day today, I hope you have fun doing it! thanks for looking!

23 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh thank you so much for sharing another of your photos ! Juni is so so sweet ! He looks so much like my little Sukie ! I do love this Christmas Montage and I adore what you have made with it ! Love the puffy effect on the hot chocolate too ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love what you've done with the cards. They are just so festive! And Juni is just so darn adorable! My cat, Shadow, use to curl around my husband's neck everytime he sat on the sofa. If my husband got up, Shadow would stay exactly where he was. We used to laugh and say my husband wore a fur collar. Sadly, my boy has been gone for 10 years now and we still miss him. But he lived a full life (16), well loved by his family.

Elaine Allen

Shawna said...

Such a versatile digi image. Love those puffy little marshmallows!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

awesome, awesome, awesome! love the marshmallows. When you get a chance check out my blog. I post I think 8 new creations in the wee hours this morning.

Love Ya!

Kim said...

Wonderful cards Holly!!! I love this image!!!

Your kitty is so cute!!! I am a cat lover at heart!!!

Niki said...

Holly,
Yesterday was just like Christmas at my house. I received your blog candy--WOW! I can hardly wait to dig in and use some of it.

The mailman came just as I was leaving to get my son from school. I grabbed the box to open in the car while I waited for him. Yeah, right. You are definitely the queen of packaging! I did everything by gnaw it with my teeth to get the tape off. (I probably would have used my teeth if I hadn't gotten a temporary crown at the dentist in the morning yesterday!) Anyway, I finally broke into the box, and had a blast going through each and every item.

I hope I can carve out a little creative time this weekend. My son is having 2 friends spend the night Sat. They want to sleep in the basement, which is also where my crafting space is. It worked out great when he was little. I could keep an eye on him while he played, and craft at the same time. Now, according to Kyle, they don't play, they "hang out," and it's way too embarrassing to have Mom in the vicinity while they're doing it. I wouldn't be a teenager again for anything!

Thanks again,

Niki

Linda said...

Oh what a sweet kitty! Great picture. I love your cards today and the challenge. I hope I get time I really want those snowflakes. LOL

Rachel said...

What a beautiful cat Holly!!! he looks soooo comfortable!Love the cards, very Christmassy!!
hugs,
Rachel :0)

Pam in Ar. said...

You always come up with the neatest ideas Holly! I love the "Help" you have LOL Stella likes to get on the back of my chair and bite my hair...the other night she got a piece of my neck too LOL she is such a nut!!

Happy Friday :)

*Vicki* said...

AWW!! Now he looks happy as this is the place he needs to be!! :) LOL!!

Love your take on the image Holly!! Very clever use of it and the cocoa looks so yummy and cozy!! Fun cards and awesome colors!! I need to check out PCP now....

Hope your weekend is wonderful my friend!! HUGS

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love the fur wrap, and of course your newest cards also!

Penni said...

Great cards - love your furry scarf LOL!!!

Hugs
Penni
X

Maria Matter said...

fabulous card Holly! love how you used the 'same' image for all! Brilliant way to show the versatility of digis! great job!
HUGS!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i'll bet he's as warm as toast.

for some reason my computer is NOT showing any images - boo hoo! but i KNOW your cards are fabulous!

i love your envelope idea with my image. hope you took it and will do something with it!

have a fabulous weekend.

hugs :)

Marlene said...

You are brilliant, you know....but wait, you already knew that, right?

Always love what you create!

Your kitty is soooo cute. (And it's about dang time you gave him equal coverage!) ha ha ha!

Alice Wertz said...

awww... your cat is a darling! wish our cats would do that! =) those holiday images are so cute! super cute cards, Holly!

Dawn Edwards said...

Such a good looking kitty! I love orange cats! I hope I can find time to make a card I would really like the chance to earn some snowflakes! Great Cards I might have to get that image.

sucor said...

Your cat has such beautiful coloring! Cute cards! I love this image!

msfreida said...

Ohhh look at Juni! How I wish I was that flexible! Batman used to do this...before he got toooo fat! LOL :)

Your cards really show how versatile this image is! It's amazing the different directions you can go with digital as you well show! Both of these designs are sooo creative, and with the glitz and the puff, the texture draws you to want to touch! Such FABULOUS inspiration! :)

Hugs~

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, Really nice and I like hoe you did it so many different way. woderful job. Kitty is so cute. She looks like she is a lot of fun.

Chesney said...

I can personally attest to how spoiled that cat is for any doubters. He has you trained very well.

Lola said...

How clever! What a great use of a stamp!

The other night my cat jumped on my back and I swore to my DH she was trying to kill me. Your pic makes me think maybe she just wanted to cuddle up on my neck?

Jennifer Scull said...

what an adorable cat!
and your cards are great!!!! so very festive!