Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Featured Stamper Cards and Something Fun!

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday, but it really feels like Thursday since tomorrow is the last work day of the week! I think I could get used to working three days a week - how about you?

Sunday's featured stamper on Splitcoast Stampers had a gallery full of clean and simple cards! I chose two cards in her gallery to CASE.

The first one I chose can be seen HERE, and here is my version


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this the perfect card to make at the last minute when you realize you have more people on your list than you do cards? I used the "Happy Holidays" from Nina Brackett's Happy Everything set and just colored in the "Happy" with a red Copic markers. Then I stamped over it with a background stamp from Stampin' Up! in a light green. I think the name of the background image is called Filigree, but I'm not sure.

The green card base is embossed with a Quick Kutz embossing folder. I thought the flowers kind of looked like poinsettias and that's why I picked it. Then I stuck on some of the Recollections holly stickers that I bought at Michaels.

The second card I picked to CASE is THIS ONE, and here is my card



(click to enlarge)

I used the sweet little Forest Friend image drawn by Revi Devi Paat and I used my computer to print out the sentiment at the same time I printed the image. The grass was stamped with my well loved grass sprigs stamp from Art Impressions. The deer and bird were colored with Copic markers.


Now, for the "something fun" I mentioned in my title - I ran across this website Andrea Currie Crafts and loved watching the enthusiasm she has in her crafting videos. So, I contacted Andrea and asked her if she'd like to play around with some Squigglefly images. Andrea picked out some and tonight she is going to have a live craft show featuring holiday cards and some of them will be using the Squigglefly images she chose! She's going to have some give aways too!If you have time tonight, check it out HERE.

Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Biscuitlid said...

These are both lovely Holly but I adore the simplicity of the first one
Hugs
Victoria
x

Linda said...

Oh that deer is so sweet!
There is a fun hop at my blog with lots of prizes.
Hugs,
Linda

*Vicki* said...

Holly, these are both beautiful CASE designs and I love the embossing on the first and the sweet simple image on the second one! :) HUGS

Pam in Ar. said...

You can't go wrong with embossing :) Love the two cards...the second one with the deer looks like it would be a cute kids card too :)

Speaking of kids....only 3 more days until I meet my newest granddaughter :) I can't wait to meet her and FINALLY find out her name LOL, it's killing me! I know, I'm pathetic :/


Have a great day and thanks for sharing :)

Maria Matter said...

I love these CAS cards!!! The embossing is fantastic on the first card!
adorable little deer on the second card! TFS!
I don't remember seeing that deer before, I think I need that image! lol
hugs & blessings!

bumblebee creations said...

wow! How exciting is that?!! I love both of your cards today Holly--I think I am gonna have to go clean and simple this year! Time is getting away from me already!

sucor said...

Great cards! I love embossing on cards and that little deer is cute!

Marlene said...

Both cards have a nice sweet simple design! I may be resorting to nice, sweet, and simple soon, because I clearly don't have enough Christmas cards made! AACK!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards as always Holly :)

Hope you're having a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Dawn Frost said...

Wow I haven't seen those holly stickers at Michaels yet, notice I said yet... Hmmm. There's a huge sale here since its Thanksgiving for you, bonus. I may have to go shopping tomorrow, lol!

Lola said...

Love the "simplicity" of both cards. That deer is SO darling! Looks like I missed the live craft show...but I'm going to check the link anyway.