Thursday, November 18, 2010

From Our Home To Yours and another sneak peek!

Hi everyone! I've got a couple of cards to share with you today and one of them is a sneak peek at one of the new images coming to Squigglefly this weekend. I'm so excited about this release and can't wait until you can all see what's new!

My first card is another Christmas card. I originally started this for last week's challenge on the Squigglefly blog where the theme was "music to my ears". My intention was that hearing we had snow expected is music to my ears, but I didn't get this finished in time.


(click to enlarge)

I used the winter house from one of my all time favorite sets Seasonal House On A Hill and colored with Copic markers. I chalked the sky and added some glitter on the snowy areas.

The sentiment is computer generated in a font called Miss Le Gatees. You can get it free HERE. I think it's a very elegant looking font.

My next card is a sneak peek and features an image from Marlene Shaw. This funny guy is called Phat Peddler. I came up with a couple of not so appropriate sentiments for this, but I ended up going with something a little tamer


(click to enlarge)

I colored him with copic markers and created the sky and a little trail for him to ride on with chalks. I used my grass sprigs stamp from Art Impressions over the green chalk. The sentiment was computer generated with another free font called Fabulous 50's. I attached it with some green staples. I don't use staples on my cards very often, but this one just seemed to call for it.

The inside isn't decorated or anything, but it does have the punch line so I'll share it with you


(click to enlarge)

My boss is a bike rider, so I think this will be going to him sometime soon!

Remember that there is a chance to win a free image of your choice and a brand new set of nestabilites just for entering the Squigglefly challenge! I'll be back tomorrow with another sneak peek. Thanks for stopping by today!

21 comments:

eiyiyi said...

OMG Holly, I'm ROTFLMAO .... the biker card is hysterical. Your other card is, of course, lovely as are all your creations. hugs and thanks for an early morning giggle! eileen

bumblebee creations said...

Oh hOlly you are just toooooo funny!!! love the cards!

Catherine said...

Great cards Sweetie as always ! Love the Christmas one, it's simply gorgeous ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Dawn Frost said...

The house is cute the bike is hilarious! I love how you did the corners on the house image, very elegant. Is that a digital stamp or rubber?

Shelley said...

The first card is precious and the 2nd had me cracking up! Thanks for brightening my day.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Holly the top card is beautifully cute and funny. I love the scrolling frame. The second one is just too stinkin' funny!!!

acreativeneed said...

Wonderful cards!! I love that gorgeous Christmas card!!
smiles,Deena

Bonibleaux Designs said...

HILARIOUS!! I'm so embarrassed that you found that backside pic of me on Google! HEHEHEHE

Linda said...

I love both cards. The first one is wonderful. The second is so funny.

Jennifer Scull said...

you are just so creative to have such a WIDE range of styles... giggles!!!

Ellis said...

Wonderful cards, the wide turns are so funny! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Kel said...

Crack kills!! LMFAO!! love it.. Love the winter home card too.. Great work with the copics.. I'm just dabbling in copics!

Marlene said...

Oh.My.Word.

First- ahem - excuse me while I stop laughing my arse off....

Your first card is SO ADORABLE!! I LOVE that little house!!!

Now, your second card.....ROFL...

Now I know I was privy to your "other" sentiments since you were so kind as to share them with me....but this one REALLY TAKES THE CAKE!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! That card is freaking hilarious! Thank you for making my little PHAT PEDDLER look so great!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh too funny!! Love the holiday card but the second one just makes me crack up!! Fun image and sentiment!!
hugs,
Chris

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL, hooked on crack!!! You do such a great job!!!

Kim said...

Love both of these cards Holly! The sneak peek cracks me up!ra

msfreida said...

Only you, Holly, only you!!! What a HILARIOUS card with that "plumber's cleavage"!!! OMGoodness...how creative!
Your Christmas card is FABULOUS! Such a great design and the DP really brings out the image. Such an awesome font too! LOVE this!

Hugs~

*Vicki* said...

Oh now Holly, I love the top card with the sparkle and image!

But BWHAAHAA!!! I laughed OUT LOUD when seeing your second card!! that is just too darn cute!! :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Fantastic! The biker is the best! What a well done riot!!!!!1

Sue said...

Hi ya
two fabulous cards,luv all the glitter on the Christmas card, fun fella image, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

joey said...

two more fantastic cards, great house! thanks forjoining us at tpc
Joeyx