Saturday, November 20, 2010

I'm Too Sexy For This Snow

Good morning and happy weekend! Today is the big release at Squigglefly! Have you been to see all the fabulously fun images?

I've got a card that uses one of the funny images from artist Brian Lock.


(click to enlarge)

This image is called Snowcouple. It looked to me like the snowman was a little angry with the snow woman and all while I was coloring it I was wondering what he was so upset about. I mean, I know they're melting on the bottom but why did he seem angry with her? Anyway as I colored it I thought the snow woman looked so non-plussed in her eyeglasses, lipstick, and red purse that I came up with the idea for these lines.

I printed the words with my computer and used one of the free speech bubbles from Squigglefly to encase them. They are colored with copic markers and the sky is chalked. I used a bit of stickles for the snow.

We're going to be having a digi day on Squigglefly's group at Card Universe tonight! We'll have a challenge with prizes and a freebie or two as well as lots
of chatting and sharing of inspiring projects to fuel ideas!
It will be held from 7:30 pm central time to 9:00CST on Saturday Nov 20th in the Squigglefly Group Page. I hope you can stop by for a bit!

Thanks for looking, and enjoy your Saturday!

18 comments:

eiyiyi said...

This is so great! Thanks for my first giggle of the morning! hugs, eileen

Linda said...

Too funny! love the speech bubbles great idea

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Well now, that made my morning!

Shawna said...

*BIG GRIN* Fun card!

Pam in Ar. said...

I can tell you EXACTLY why he looks angry at her.....she's the reason they're melting!!! HOT FLASH! Need I say more?? LOL Love it, just my kind of card :)

Have fun today :)

Sue said...

Hi ya
lol what a fabulous card, great fun images,great design, luv the ribbon & charm. thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

msfreida said...

What a fun card! :) Your quotes are perfect for the image! teehee :) This has such a great design with where you positioned everything. Love it!

Stopped by Squigglefly and what a treat! These new artists ROCK! Gonna try to stop by tonight even if just for some cake! This crud is about to get the best of me, but I think a few laughs is the medicine I need!

Hugs~

Marlene said...

So cute! Great idea for a sentiment! Love it!

Dawn Frost said...

LOL I love it!

joey said...

Hiya

this is so much fun, great humour, thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey.xx

Vicki said...

Cute Holly! You have such a good imagination and always come up with such good lines for your cards!

HUGS!
Vicki

sucor said...

Great sense of humor! I love your fun and cute card!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Too Cute! Love your sense of humor! And you are a big part of the DT that I miss!

Alice Wertz said...

hee hee... too cute! this makes me smile! super card, Holly!

*Vicki* said...

All of these images are so fun!! I love your snowmen here and what a fun card to send!! My friends and family would get a kick out of it!!LOLL!!HUGS

Lola said...

Oh yes, the sentiment is perfect. The colors are great! I like the bright cards.

Maria Matter said...

I somehow missed this one....
Fabulous Holly! You come up with the greatest sayings!
love the hanging snowflake!
hugs & blessings!

House Revivals said...

Ha! This one made me laugh out loud! I'm pretty sure my husband and I have been in this same predicament....