Friday, November 12, 2010

In the Shadows

Hi there everyone! Man I just feel like the time is slipping away from me every day. I always have a hard time adjusting to the time change. I used to come home from work and have time to get a few things done before heading to the park, but with the light fading so early we have to leave almost as soon as I'm home from work. You'd think I'd just do all I need to do after we get home from park, but it's not working out like that. We get home from the park and I need to get going on dinner and I blink and it's late and I haven't done anything! All I can say is TGIF!

My first card today is the last one I did from last week's featured stamper challenge. If you like to see the card I CASE you can see it here. And here is my version


(click to enlarge)

This is a shadow box card. They are easy to make and I think make the card appear a little more special. The instructions can be found HERE. My image is called Make A wish Cake and was drawn by Robin Willis. I colored with Copic markers and added some stickles to the cake and candle flames. Waiting for the stickles to dry was the thing that took the longest in making this card.

My next card is another from the Stamp-a-Stack we did last weekend.



(click to enlarge)

Isn't this very vintage looking? We used Crumb Cake card stock for the base and stamped some bells from the Bells and Boughs stamp set all over it with Crumb Cake ink. Then the Christmas Postcard image was stamped on vanilla card stock in Suede ink. We distressed the edges and attached it to a panel of Soft Suede card stock. The border was punched with the eyelet border punch and layered over Real Red card stock. I think this would be pretty with a little color added to the image too.

Well, I hope you all enjoy your Friday to it's fullest and thanks so much for stopping by to see what I've done!

20 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow ! I just love your card Holly ! The shadow box card looks fab, I've got to try one ! Thank you for the lead ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Linda said...

I love the shadow card. It is so pretty. I couldn't get the link to work but I can find it. I really love the the way you colored the image and the way the sentiment goes around the image. The candles look great!

*Vicki* said...

Oh how clever Holly!! I love your shadow box creation!! The sparkle on the candles is awesome!! Of course your Christmas card is so beautifully Vintage!! :) Love it!! HUGS

Shawna said...

Wonderful cards Holly! I absolutely love them both.

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I know what you mean about never seeming to have enough time these days. With the days getting darker earlier, I seem to be rushing to do things. On the weekends I'm lucky to find a little me time - LOL!
I love your cards, they are both so beautiful. I'll have to give that shadowbox card a try. Thanks for sharing Holly. Enjoy your weekend.

Elaine Allen

Nora said...

Those are both so pretty!

I'm with ya on losing the days - I don't even bother looking at a calendar any more!
♥hugs♥

msfreida said...

GF, you just never cease to amaze me! I don't know how you get everything accomplished with all that you have to do and still have time play! I can't seem to get anything done and I can't blame it on the time change because it's been like this forever!!! I think my ADD just gets worse with age! :(

Your cards are FABULOUS! How I wish I had the patience and ability to make some of these cool folds! Your shadow box is GORGEOUS! LOOK AT THOSE CANDLES!!! WOW! I love this image and have used it quite often, but my candles never looked like this! This is one FANTASTIC card! :)
You know how I love vintage, and this card really grabs me! The background adds so much interest to this design! This would be another one that would be easy to mass produce. Sooo pretty!

Hope you ave a fabulous weekend!
Hugs~

Dawn Frost said...

I love that Merry Christmas, I have it. Its so elegant, fantastic card Holly!

Jennifer Scull said...

well you know I am eating up the vintage card, but love the other one as well. will have to give that design a go. haven't tried it before, but it looks fun.

have a great weekend!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

shadow box card is lovely. the Christmas card! I love that stamp from Stampin' Up! also those dps are gorgeous!!! Great job at the stamp a stacks!!!!!!

Maria Matter said...

beautiful shadow box card Holly, you always pick the perfect image for your projects!

another gorgeous Christmas card too!
enjoy your weekend!
hugs & blessings!

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, Love your shadow box card. I really like making then. They are really easy to make. Awasome Christmas card. Wonderful background you created with the bells to match the stamped image.

Marlene said...

Both cards are very pretty! I've never made a shadow box card.

Sure looks like you got a lot of cards done last weekend!

sucor said...

These are wonderful! I love the vintage feel of your Christmas card. Gorgeous shadow box card! I want to try one.

Alice Wertz said...

wow! beautiful cards, Holly! love the Christmas one!

kasthurirajam said...

pretty work

kasthurirajam said...

pretty work

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love that shadowbox! The soft colors are so girly! The vntage Christmas card is awesome as well. I thought it was just me that could not get back in the flow. I never thought to relate it to the time change. Thanks!

bumblebee creations said...

HOlly- Love the cards! you always do such amazing projects!

theCook said...

I really like your shadow box card. Love how it gives such a nice dimension!