Monday, November 1, 2010

Last of the challenges and winner announced!

Hi everyone! I hope you had a really great weekend and got all treats and no tricks yesterday! We only had five trick or treaters last night, so I'm glad we didn't buy a bunch of candy. Everyone seemed happy with the free frosty coupon too. I will be having a treat for someone today in my blog candy winner announcement, but first let me share the cards I made for the last two Hope You Can Cling To challenges.

The 30th challenge was a sketch challenge, which made it really easy because you could pick any theme and image you wanted! Here's what I came up with


(click to enlarge)

I colored up this little Ice Cream cutie with Copic markers and added a bit of glitter to the ice cream scoops. The sentiment was computer generated and then I cut it out in a heart shape, punched a hole in it and tied it to the ribbon with some gold thread.


The final challenge was to make a card that was inspired by a gallery in Etsy's treasury. The treasury I got my inspiration from is THIS ONE



(click to enlarge)
I chose the Wise Owl image drawn by Angie Davis and colored with Copic markers and chalk. The sentiment is computer generated.

I am really going to miss these challenges. They have been a lot of fun for me, and I can't believe I did every single one and finished on the day of the last one!

Okay, it's time to announce the winner of the blog candy! I'd like to thank all of you who became followers to help the candy grow bigger and I do hope that if you started following just for the prize that you have enjoyed my posts enough to continue following me.

The day that I had pre-picked for comments was October 22nd. There were 36 comments made that day and random.org picked #19 which makes Niki the winner of the candy! Congratulations Niki! Please write me at usyungs@gmail.com with your mailing address so I can send your box to you. If I don't hear from Niki by Wednesday I will pick another winner.

Ya'll have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

YAY Nicky....congratulations :)

That ice cream cone looked almost as big as the little girl was LOL. I like the heart in the middle of the o, but hearts are kind of my thing so anywhere you put a heart is good for me. Way to go Holly for doing all of the challenges..it takes a lot of dedication :) and you've got it! Look how long you've been doing this for us :)

Enjoy the week and as my Aunt Norma would say EVERY first day of the month...RABBIT RABBIT!!

Shawna said...

Congratulations Nikki! And congratulations Holly on finishing the Hope You Can Cling challenge!

Vicki said...

Holly you do such a great job coordinating your paper with your image! I love both your cards...the owl one is awesome! Congrats to Niki! Have a great day Holly!

Hugs!
Vicki

Kristie said...

Cute cards! I love the glittery ice cream!!

Huge congratulations for completing all of the challenges, that is awesome!

*Vicki* said...

LOL! You KNOW I love that icecream girl image!! :) She's a doll!! The owl is just adorable as well and great choice of colors Holly! BTW..the challenge this week is so awesome on the SF blog! I look forward to creating something!! HUGS

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Congrats Niki! Enjoy that great candy! Love the little girl with the ice cream as big as her. The owl is perfect with the papers you have chosen.

Catherine said...

Your two cards are so sweet Holly ! Love the glitter on the ice-cream and the little owl is so cute ! Congratulations Niki, you lucky girl ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Elaine A said...

Congratulations Niki!
Holly love today's cards, especially that darling little girl. She is just so adorable!

Elaine Allen

Marlene said...

Adorable cards, Holly! Congrats to the winner! Lucky girl!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Congrats Niki!


The little girl is so cute.
BUT, I LOVE THE OWL!!!!

msfreida said...

YAYYYY NICKI! Congrats... I KNOW you will think Christmas came early! ;) Have fun and happy creatng!!!

Oh another one of my favorite images...I just love Ice Cream Cutie, especially her eyes! What a great expression...so realistic! Again, your coloring is tops and this DP is PERFECT! The color reminds me of strawberry ice cream! YUM!!! Love the tag with the sentiment, too! ADORABLE card! :)
Mr Wise Owl looks mighty stately perched up on that limb...more great coloring, BTW! Again, your papers couldn't be more perfect with your color choices and I love your lil 'love knot' in the ribbon!
FABULOUS card! :)

Have a fabulous week, luv! :)
Hugs~

Dawn Frost said...

I can't believe you had the time to do so many challenges Holly, you're my hero! Great cards again today Holly and congratulations Niki!

bumblebee creations said...

Holly- the little cutie you used for your first card is one of my very favorites from SF!!!! She is just adorable--and I love those chubby little legs!! SO CUTE-love your owl as well--and congrats to Nicki!

Lola said...

What great cards! And congrats on completing every challenge! BTW, love the colors you chose for the owl card...I really like owls.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

awwwww, she is SWEET!! and i love that owl card - super colors!

congrats to Nikki!

i'm glad you like mazy!

hugs :)

Dawn Edwards said...

Congrats To Nikki! Love the ice cream card.

Anonymous said...

Beneficial info and excellent design you got here! I want to thank you for sharing your ideas and putting the time into the stuff you publish! Great work!

Alice Wertz said...

hee.. these are soooooo cute! lovely cards, Holly! congrats to the winner, too!

Jennifer Scull said...

congrats to Nikki!
and I am so proud of you for completing all of the challenges! I was only able to get about half of them done for the time frame, but hope to go back and finish them all anyhow, as there were so many wonderful ones.

your cards are a delight as always!