Wednesday, November 3, 2010

sending sunshine

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a great week so far. Before I get to today's card I felt compelled to show you a picture of our cat Juni, more commonly referred to as baby.



He is always hanging out in my craft room keeping me company, and he looked at me yesterday as if to say "you're always sharing pictures of that dog, why don't you ever take my picture?" so I did!

I told you that the gallery of this week's featured stamper on Splitcoast Stampers was one that I would go back to again and I did! I love the card that she made HERE so I picked it to CASE and came up with this



(click to enlarge)

I used the bird on the watering can from the Spring Suite I collection that Rich Davis drew. It's colored with Copic markers except for the sky and it's chalked. I printed the words on my computer in a font called Pea Steph and you can get this cute little handwriting font free HERE. I am sending this card to a friend who loves the summer time and she knows I don't, so the inside of the card says "because I don't want it!" LOL!

The grass is made with my trusty grass sprigs stamp from Art Impressions and I dotted the "i" in "sunshine" with some yellow stickles. The image is cut with a nestabilites die and embossed while still in the die. I tied some heart lace around the designer papers. I thought the little hearts in the lace went well with the hearts on the watering can. Three green rain dots complete the layout!

We got a little rain yesterday and the temps have turned quite chilly! I love it! It means fewer people at the park and no mosquitoes! Its the time of year Brock, Riley and I get our park back and I love it! I hope you all get some time to spend outdoors if this is your time too. Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

25 comments:

Tracey said...

Love the photo of "Baby" Holly :) Your card is gorgeous (as always). Hope you're having a great week.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Elaine A said...

Good Morning Holly -

Juni is such a beautiful cat! I can see why he is called "Baby". You just want to cuddle with him.
I love your card. The little bird on the watering can is just so cute.

Elaine Allen

Catherine said...

Another sweet card Holly ! Looking at it it feels like spring again ! Juni is absolutely ADORABLE ! Give him a hug for me will you ? Although if he is like my Sukie it will have to be in his own time !!! Hugs and love from Catherine

Shawna said...

Thanks for sharing a picture of Juni Baby.........and your sweet card.

Pam in Ar. said...

We sure need this sunshine card today Holly! It is so dark out there this morning....This weekend we turn back our clocks so it should be lighter earlier than 7:15. My grandkids have trouble getting up in the mornings the way it is...

I think you secretly like the warmer temps. with your watering can card today LOL...why can't we have the best of BOTH worlds??? Love the hearts too..can't go wrong with hearts!

Baby is so pretty, as you know, I'm a cat kind of person..Riley is great too but kitty's have MY heart LOL. Glad you three got your park back...enjoy your day :)

Linda said...

Juni is so sweet. He looks like my Max on half the size. LOL I didn't even know you have a cat.
I love your card. Soon we will need to send Sunshine cards and the cold dark winter creeps in. I love the image.

Maria Matter said...

gosh I didn't even know you had a cat! lol Baby's right, you need to post more cat photos!

Adorable card! lovely sentiment too! You always find just the right font and have a great eye for placing your text! great job Holly!
hugs & blessings!

bumblebee creations said...

awhhh... your kitty is so cute! Love your sending sunshine card!

Niki said...

Juni is gorgeous, love the expression on his face.

I really like the layout of this card, and the lace is a great accent.

Marlene said...

AWWWW....your kitty is SO CUTE!!!!!

Adorable card, too.

That kitty is so CUTE!!!!!

Thanks for the link to the font download!

That kitty is so CUTE!!!!

(Did I mention that your kitty is so cute?)

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

as ever, so lovely!

msfreida said...

Aweee...poor 'Baby'! Yes, it's his turn to be in the spotlight! Ohhh those eyes would get me every time! Well I feel like an exhausted grandmother this week because Sara had to bring her kitty home because they were spraying her apt for bugs. Needless to say, Batman is so jealous and I am constantly having to referee the fights! UGH!~ I think I'm gonna put them both in time-out!

This is such a great card, and I know your friend will appreciate your humor! Check out that shading on the water can...YOU GO GIRL! :) These DPs are FABULOUS choices and the die you used is perfect for the scene you created! BTW, I found me a grass sprig stamp but it's not as cool as yours...just a tad too big! Oh well!

I hope you enjoy your cool days at the park. I know Riley is happy to reclaim his playground too! :)

Hugs~

Kim said...

Great cards Holly...love the ballerina bear!
Also LOVE your kitty! I am a cat lover at heart and on the cats side...take more pictures of him! LOL!

*Vicki* said...

AWWWW!! Kitty looks like he wants some love!! :) Love your card Holly! That coloring looks fab and what a great CASE!! Have a great day GF!! HUGS

sucor said...

"Baby" Holly is so cute! Great card, love your coloring!

Penni said...

Love the piccy of Juni - such a sweet face.

Great card too.
hugs
Penni
x

Nick said...

Love the "Wire." Had many over the years.

Dawn Frost said...

Baby looks like he's ready to grab the ribbon and run, lol! Great card Holly!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Holly!! Love your embellishing and your layout!! Your kitty is too cute!
hugs,
Chris

Vicki said...

Holly Juni is a cutie patootie...my Riley used to play in my craft room while I played...seeing Juni brings back memories! And I think your card is sooooo summery! That is a really awesome image. Hugs to you Holly!

Vicki

acreativeneed said...

Juni is a cutie!! Very pretty card too, Holly, I have to have a peek at the FS gallery too!
smiles,Deena

Jess said...

Oh what a cutie!!

Lola said...

So cute! My cat hangs out in my room too...but I think because she know's I'm deathly allergic to her!

Great card! And the sentiment is awesome! I'm a winter gal myself.

Val W said...

Cute card! I followed your link to the font, and whew! It took me awhile to get back, once I got there and started checking out the free fonts, recipes, etc. But I'm back now, enjoying your card. Your kitty looks like a sweetie too.

Alice Wertz said...

can't resist those eyes! love the photo! very pretty card, too!