Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Snow Globe

Hi everyone! Hope you are all staying well. so many people I know are having sinus issue or full blown colds! I'm going to get my flu shot today!

I have a fun card to share with you today. I made a snow globe!


(click to enlarge)

This was made for one of the challenges they had during virtual Stamp Night at Splitcoast Stampers over the weekend. The challenge was to make a Christmas card using non traditional Christmas colors.

I used the Crystal Ball by Michelle Bertuzzi but removed the sentiment on it, and replaced it with one of Cheryl Alger's adorable snowmen.

It's colored with Copic markers and then I put a bit of faux flower soft in the center of it and glued on one the the clear tops from the make your own buttons that I bought at Hobby Lobby. These don't give you a lot of space to put much filler in, but they sure are a quick way to make a shaker!

The sentiment at the top is from the huge set of 17 images called Happy Everything designed by Nina Brackett.

Wishing you all a terrific day, and thanks for looking!

23 comments:

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
I love love your card!
Have a nice day!

Catherine said...

What a fantastic card Holly ! I just love this shaker ! Cute image too ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The blue and purple combo steals my heart every time! Love this snowglobe!

Dawn B. said...

Oh my goodness. You are so clever.. What a great idea. I love your MYO flowersoft.. I tried it the other day.. You are so creative..:)

Shawna said...

Super cute treatment of this adorable image!

Amy said...

THIS IS FABULOUS HOLLY!!!! I HAVE SOME CUPS LIKE THAT FROM STAMPIN UP. WILL BE CASING THIS FOR SURE!!

Becky said...

How cute Holly! Such a great idea.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holly!!!! this is absolutely superb!!! i love shaker cards and i love this one too!

hugs :)

msfreida said...

Boy did I miss you yesterday! I made a trip to Starkville to help Sara get her apt decorated for Christmas (for only a total of 3 wks...geesh!) and pick up her furball so he wouldn't destroy what we did. God only knows what's gonna happen when I put ours out! Thank God for water guns! :)

This is such a cool card with your shaker! I have yet to try these but I promise it's gonna happen! :) You chose the perfect snowman and ohhh how I love these colors! Nina's sentiments are all so versatile and this one really sets the stage! FABULOUS card! :)

Hugs~

Marlene said...

Oh - this is CRAFTASTIC!!!

Maria Matter said...

again Holly, your brilliance is showing! I love your shaker card, especially with Cheryl's snowman playing in the snow!
hugs & blessings!

Dawn Frost said...

I adore snowmen, they are one of my favorites, along with ants, and birdies, and, and, and... lol Great way to do a snowglobe, tfs!

*Vicki* said...

OMG!! This is too stinkin' CUTE!! I love this Holly with the snowglobe idea!! :) HOW FUN!! TFS! HUGS

sucor said...

I love shaker cards and yours is awesome! I love snowmen too!

Kim said...

woderful card Holly! isen't it funny we both had the same thought!!!

Linda said...

Oh Holly this is so cute. I love it.

Shirley said...

Oh Holly, this is awesome. I love it. I can't wait to get to HL and find some of those buttons.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

sooooo cute!

MANDEE said...

This is super cute Holly! I am glad that I am back on line and able to come visit your wonderful creations again!

Tracey said...

This is adorable & what a great idea Holly :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Lola said...

Where did you learn that (about the buttons)?! That's so cool. This card is just awesome!

Pam in Ar. said...

This is such a cute card!!! You always come up with the neatest ideas!!!

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous idea! love it!