Sunday, November 28, 2010

snowman in lights

Hi everyone! Well are you ready to start the work week again tomorrow? it's hard getting back into a routine after you've been off for four days! Today will be my "catch up" day. I will spend it catching up on all the things I need to before going back to work tomorrow. It was sure a nice time off though!

As I told you a couple of days ago, I needed to make a few more Christmas cards to round up my list so I hope you don't get tired of seeing Christmas cards for another week! The one I have to share with you today uses the cute little Snowman Lights by Brian Lock.



(click to enlarge)


I colored this with Copic markers and added a coating of glitter to the lights. If you look closely you will see a faint glow around each Christmas bulb. I did that by dragging a bit of the color out with my blender pen.

The sentiment is computer generated and I stuck a little red button on with a glue dot. This was a pretty quick card to make once I had the layout planned. I am now off to check out this week's featured stamper challenge and maybe I'll get a chance to play later on. If you're looking for a challenge, there's the one I have going on at Squigglefly's group on Card Universe. There's some fun prizes you could win, and you have until December 4th!

I wish you a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Becky said...

Good morning, figure I get some commenting done before I go to church:).
This is adorable, adorable image and great layout.
Have a great Day.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Sorry I have been missing with my comments, but it was such a crazy week! I just went back and checked out all that I missed! You have been a creating diva for sure. Beautiful work!

sunflowermel said...

Love it Love it Love it!!! What can be better then a snowman and christmas light!

lovetostamp said...

He is adorable!I love your coloring and the DP you used.

Shawna said...

What an adorable snowman! Love how you have the "Glow" to the lights.

Dawn Frost said...

Snowmen are one of my favorites and this guy is sooo cute. Love the lightbulbs! Great card Holly.

Lynnor said...

So cute!! Love the snowman image!! The sparkly papers are fun, too!!

Marlene said...

Your card is adorable! That image is too cute!

*Vicki* said...

So adorable Holly!! I'm loving those lights and sparkle with this cutie!! ;)

Rebecca said...

Love this snowman! Snowwwwww cute :-)

I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back to work, but since I spent all day putting up Christmas inside and out - work might actually be less "work" lol!

Kim said...

so pretty!

Maria Matter said...

I really like Brian's snowmen...this is a wonderfully adorable card Holly!
love how you did the lights and glow, really cute card!

Alice Wertz said...

this is too cute. love it, Holly!