Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thank You In Many Languages

Hi everyone! It is shaping up to be a beautiful week here weather wise. I love the cool mornings. Riley loves it as much as I do! Every morning we go for our walk and even after an hour of walking she's ready to chase the soccer ball or jump after squirrels until I have to leave for work. We're all looking forward to the woods being accessible again, but it's a little early to venture in there yet.

The featured stamper on Splitcoast stampers this week was one that really captured my interest. I found so many cards to CASE from her gallery. I ended up making FOUR and still have more bookmarked! This is the first card I made and I based it off of THIS card in the gallery.


(click to enlarge)

I used this very unique Thank You Tree drawn by Michelle Bertuzzi for Squigglefly. I thought about sponging some green on the tree, but in keeping with the card I was CASING I decided not to. I just filled in a couple of the thank you words with red and blue Copic markers. I used a Fiskars border punch and printed the "For Everything" with my computer.

Now how about I share one of the Christmas cards we made at Saturday's Stamp a Stack?


(click to enlarge)

You can't go wrong by using red and green for Christmas can you? This uses Garden Green and Real Red card stock. The stamp images are from Stampin' Up! The Medallion is a really large stamp. Since all the elements to make the card are pre cut at these things, it was rather difficult to get the medallion directly in the center of the card stock piece. I found myself loving digis all the more while making these!

The Joy at Christmas image is from a set called Perfect Punches. We punched this out with a scalloped circle punch. I'm assuming all of the images in that stamp set fit a punch.

I'll share more of my Stamp a Stack cards with you throughout the week. Have a fabulous day, and thanks so much for stopping by today!

15 comments:

msfreida said...

Good morning! :) Oh yes, this weather couldn't be better! Molly has become so cozy and warm inside, she doesn't want to go out! UGH! It's gonna be a LONG winter!

These cards are fabulous! Boy that thank you image definitely gets the message across! :) I love how you added color to the tree and the border punch added the perfect touch!
Look at that medallion...WOW! I've seen it used in many ways, but never in green...with the red going on in the center, this just screams Christmas! :) I really love this! Yes, digitals definitely have their advantages! I have sooo many rubber stamps that I feel guilty not using them, so I really enjoy using both together when I can...but the digitals are by far my fav for sooo many reasons!

Have a happy day!
Hugs~

Dawn Frost said...

Cute quick cards, very nice!

Pam in Ar. said...

You're right on two things....it is hard lining things up and YES,the weather is going to be beautiful here this week :)

Can't wait to see the rest of your cards from stamp camp :)

Rachel said...

Gorgeous cards Holly!!!
hugs,
Rachel

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, Great cards, very nice, simple and fast.
Hugs Pat

Becky said...

Hi Holly; Great cards. The weather here is cold and cloudy :(

Linda said...

Hi Holly, I love the cards today. That tree is wonderful.
It is so pretty here today. I planted tulips.

Jennifer Scull said...

your cards are wonderful, Holly! so clever with the tree, and gosh, the Christmas medallion is just gorgeous!
should I tell you we had snow over the weekend?! giggles!

Maria Matter said...

lovely card Holly! this is a very creative design, I really like it!

Gorgeous Christmas card too! I haven't looked through a SU! catty in awhile, might have to check one out!
hugs & blessings!

sucor said...

Thank you for sharing these gorgeous cards!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

very pretty tree! and I love this second card too. Esp. since it's SU! I love the medallion. But I haven't gotten it yet. The punch is very fun to work with. I made a card at a SU class and we stamped the sentiment in red then another in green. Punched the center from the red and popped it up on the green. It came out really pretty.

Great cards Holly!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

weather here is fabulous too! now if only i could move my butt to go walking!

fabulous cards. the tree is fantastic. like that idea. and your medallion card is just gorgeous.

hugs :)

Marlene said...

Fabby cards...really lovin' your Christmas card! Pretty!

Alice Wertz said...

love the fun thank you tree and the second card is so pretty!

*Vicki* said...

Oh very cool tree Holly!! I love that image!! The second card is so pretty!! That medallion is a stunner for sure!! TFS! HUGS