Wednesday, November 10, 2010

That's Just Ducky!

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a great week so far. Yesterday I went and had my ears lowered (that means I got a hair cut in case it's a little too early in the morning for you!) and it felt good to have a shorter do. Not a different hair style or anything - just a bit shorter.

Today I'm sharing a second card I made for this week's featured stamper challenge. If you like seeing the card I CASED you can see it HERE. For my card I picked this sweet little duck from the Duck Set by Eline Pellinkhof



(click to enlarge)

I colored him with Copic markers and then stamped my grass sprig stamp from Art Impressions underneath him. The sentiment was printed at the same time I printed the image. The font I used is Cutie Pop. I did a row of piercing along the bottom and added some yellow with white polka dots ribbon. A simple, but cute card! I love the expression on the duck's face.

My next card is another one we did at the Stamp-a-stack.


(click to enlarge)

The card base is made with the Baja Breeze colored card stock, and then there's a layer of Chocolate Chip. The white panel is embossed with the Northern Flurry embossing folder. We stamped the Dasher deer in Chocolate Chip ink and the Merry Christmas from Four The Holidays in Baja Blue. I love the color of this blue ink.
After that all we did was add a gemstone to one of the snowflakes in the background.

There are a few challenges I'm really wanting to make cards for - Squigglefly's challenge Music To My Ears, and the Tea Party challenge are just a couple. I hope to make time to play this afternoon but for some reason it seems since the time change I have less crafting time in the evenings. I know it's crazy because I have the same number of hours I did before the time change! What's up with that anyway?

I hope you all have a great middle of the week, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love today's cards. The little duck is just so darn adorable! What a sweet cheerful card. And I love the Merry Christmas card, so very elegant. Thank you for sharing with us.

Elaine Allen

Marlene said...

Adorable, sweet cards! The ducky is cute, and I love the ribbon. The reindeer card is very elegant. Gorgeous embossing!

Shawna said...

How cute is that little duck? And I love the elegance of your second card. Good stuff Holly!

msfreida said...

WOW! These are really eye-catchers!
That's such a precious duck...yeah, I adore his expression too! The DP you used with him is amazing and the ribbon finishes it off perfectly! Such a cutie!
Your Christmas card is absolutely GORGEOUS! WOW!!! Oh I want that EB folder! This is SOOO ELEGANT!

Hope your day ROCKS!
Hugs~

Pam in Ar said...

I agree with msfreida...the yellow really sings out to me and makes the card pop. LOL, I like how the duck is laying flat too.

The Christmas card could really be mass produced....I need something like that to make. Thanks for the idea :)

sucor said...

Lovely cards! The little ducky is so cute. I love the embossing on your gorgeous reindeer card!

*Vicki* said...

AWWW!! And how darn cute is that duck!! I adore that card Holly!! :) Love your SU! creation too!! Love the deer and that snowflake embossing folder is soooo yummy isn't it?!!

Hey...I think we need to start a "stamp a stack"...only make it a "deep in digi" day!! :) LOL!!...you think that would work?!!!

Niki said...

Holly,
Cute cards, I really like the glittery paper behind the duck. He's too adorable!

Tracey said...

Hi Holly, this Christmas card is so elegant but my favourite is that cute duck he is just so cute & great sentiment - the papers & ribbon match perfectly too :)

Hope you're having a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Rachel said...

Your cards are soo beautiful Holly!! that ducky image is way too cute!! and your reindeer card is sooo elegant! love the embossing.
Have a great wednesday!!
hugs,
Rachel

Dawn B. said...

These are terrific cards Holly.. I love the ducky one.. how sweet is that. The snowflake is amazing on the embossed Christmas card.. Love that too.. Great job.

Linda said...

Oh my that duck is so darn cute!

Dawn Frost said...

Bahaha the duck is perfect! I feel like that sometimes, I just need to lie down, lol! Great cards!

Maria Matter said...

omgosh, that ducky is just too sweet! love that one!
Gorgeous Christmas card! What a beautiful embossed snowflake! love that one too!
haha great cards once again Holly!
hugs & blessings to you!