Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Warm Wishes and a Sneak Peek!

Good morning and happy Hump Day! Yesterday we had a wonderful soaking in rain here. Riley and I missed our morning walk because of it, but it was a really wonderful cloudy day and we needed the rain. Don't worry about Riley, we got her out for the usual evening walk!

I'm feeling really good about my Christmas shopping. I've already got quite a bit of it done, thanks to online shopping! Soon it will be time to start addressing all of these Christmas cards I've been making and wrapping the gifts! Yikes!

On the subject of Christmas, I've got a couple more Christmas cards to share with you. This first one is for a few challenges that simply required a snowflake to be used somewhere on your card.


(click to enlarge)

This adorable image is from Diane Carubia called Wrapped Up Christmas. I colored them with Copic markers and added a little stickles and faux flower soft to their hats. When I was coloring the light green on the scarf my marker dripped a big drop of ink on my image! I cleaned up as best I could with my colorless blender, but there was still a faint shadow outside the lines. So, rather than leave it or pitch all I'd already done I decided to use that dotting technique around the image to help hide it.

The image was cut out with a nestabilites die and then I sponged some green ink around the edges. The sentiment is computer generated and I sponged the same ink along the edges of that panel as well.

The designer paper is from My Mind's Eye and has some snowflakes on it, and then I tied a small plastic snowflake with some thread to let dangle from some ribbon. I added a little light green jewel to the center.

Now I hope that you've heard about the exciting things that are happening at Squigglefly this weekend. There is going to be a really great release of new images this weekend, and we are introducing THREE NEW ARTISTS! One of the new artists is none other than Marlene Shaw from Squigglefly's design team! You might be familiar with Marlene's "phat" men from the Digi Shack, and Squigglefly is tickled pink to have them make their new home here. We are also welcoming artist Brian Lock who you may also recognize from the Digi Shack. Brian's images have such a sense of fun and humor about them that I know so many of you will love. And last, but certainly not least we are welcoming Suzanne Urban. Suzanne has a unique whimsical style that I am so looking forward to! On top of the three new artists, there are some wonderful new images from Rich Davis, Diane Carubia, Chesney Young, Ashley Summers, and Teresa Ward! Want a sneak peek of one of the images?

Here's a card that uses an image from Rich Davis called Skating Penguin


(click to enlarge)

I colored it with copic markers and chalked the sky. Then I had a little fun adding snow on the ground with some snow Tex and a little glitter on the ice and on his hat. The sentiment at the top is from Jess Holland and I accented it with some little holly leaves and berries stickers from Recollections. I'll try to have a sneak peek the rest of the week!

I'll be back tomorrow with more to share, so I hope to see you then! In the mean time have a wonderful day and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! Holly, these creations are just GORGEOUS girlie!! I love your sparkle with the snow and look at that sweet penguin!! TOO CUTE!! :) You've got quite the line up of talent there!! TFS! HUGS

sunflowermel said...

Love these cards...TFS!

Linda said...

Oh I love penguins! I am looking forward to the new artists. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Nana Bev said...

Love the colors you used in the first card, Holly. The second card is sweet ... that one just makes me happy!!

Shawna said...

Two outstanding cards Holly --- and I love the technique you used to save your first card. Don't ya hate it when something like that happens? Really love both of these cards!

Becky said...

Holly both of these are so adorable, fabulous coloring.

msfreida said...

You've been a busy lady! :) I won't even mention how far along I am with my Christmas shopping! Oh well...the story of my life! :)

This is such exciting news for Squigglefly! :) There's ALWAYS something fun going on over there!

Your cards are AMAZING...as always! Those lil bears are the cutest things! :) I sure wish my mistakes looked like this! What a remarkable recovery you made! The snowflake is perfect for the theme.
What a fun image Rich drew to play with...I love penguins! :) The texture from the snow and glitter looks FABULOUS! Another AWESOME sentiment from Jess...oooh I just love her fonts! ;)

Hope you have an awesome day!
Hugs~

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

lovely cards. love the texture on the snow and the coloring is always sheer perfection!!!

bumblebee creations said...

Love both of your cards Holly!!! can't wait for the new images!

Marlene said...

Oh your cards are just gorgeous, as always! The charm on that first card is adorable...and I love that little skating penguin!!!

Thanks for the shout out! So sweet! Looking forward to ALL the new images coming out this weekend!

Tracey said...

Ooh you're getting on with your Christmas cards Holly - well done & these ones are Crackers! (pardon the pun lol).

Hope you're having a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Lola said...

LOL! That's happened to me on more than one occasion and I NEVER attempt to clean it up...I just give up. And I can't even tell on your card!

Great creations and I'm looking forward to the new releases!

Kim said...

Great card Holly! Love the image and your details!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

how fabulous with 3 new artists! SF sure has grown in the past 2yrs. i'm soooo proud of your girls!

thank you so much for your positive outlook on hubby. i really needed to "read" that.

big hugs :)

Maria Matter said...

fabulous cards Holly! I really like the snowflake card! sorry you had a bit of crafty trouble, tests your creativity doesn't it!
Fun penguin card too! love all the sparkle!
hugs & blessings!

sucor said...

I love these beautiful cards! The charm, glitter and snow details are awesome!

Jennifer Scull said...

super cute! love that new penguin! anxious for the fun this weekend! :)

Pam in Ar. said...

I love all of your Christmas cards Holly...thanks for taking the time to share with us :)