Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Blushing Birthday

Hi everyone! Well, today it's back to the grind - for a short time and then it's new years eve!

I took a little time out to play along in the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers while I was off work. The card I CASED can be seen HERE. For my card I used the Willow Tree and the heart swirl background in the Paper Patterns Pack; both by Rich Davis, and the Birthday Wishes by Jess Holland. All of these are available at Squigglefly.



(click to enlarge)

I used different inks to sponge the sky and ground using a punched circle to mask the sky. I sponged all over the heart swirl background too. Can you see my one GIGANTIC error? I put the paper in upside down when I printed my greeting! Hopefully the person who gets this will be so bowled over by the beauty of the card that they won't notice! LOL!

I put some pearls in the top right corner and added some ribbon to dress it up. I really like the softness of this card. It was fun to make too! Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Tammy said...

The card is beautiful. I love the tree image and the background is a perfect match for the dp. Too bad about the paper, but if you had not told me, I would never have noticed it.

*Vicki* said...

Holly, this is totally gorgeous hun!! I LOVE it!! the colors are awesome and so is the layout!! :) TFS!! HUGS

Stephanie said...

Holly, this is just beautiful! Masking the moon in the background is just perfect! The pink you chose looks awesome on the matting and the background. Like Tammy said, I wouldn't have even noticed that the paper was printed on upside down. Neither will the recipient!

Pam in Ar. said...

Beautiful card Holly....add some flowers in there and it will feel like Spring :) Today we're off to take the 5 oldest grandkids ice skating in Bentonville...it's gonna be a great day!

Nana Bev said...

Holly, it's a great card - love the colors, the softness of the background. Very sweet card. Happy New Year.

Maria Matter said...

Wowza Holly, this is beautiful! great job with the masking & sponging!!
hugs & blessings!

msfreida said...

WOW.... How STUNNING! I love how you used the same colors and sponging on both layers and that masking looks fabulous! Great choice of image too! Such a GORGEOUS card! :) I never would have noticed your tiny mistake either! ;)

Hugs~

Betty J Schaub said...

soooo pretty! love the colors you used.

PBrown9624 said...

Love the sponging with the "sun" in the back. I don't think anyone will notice the boo-boo. I didn't until you mantioned it. Beautiful card!
Pam

Jess said...

This is gorgeous Holly! I love that image with the cute little birdie - and the way you've sponged the layers. Perfection!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Holly!! I just love the pink and green on the image with the soft shading!! Beautiful!

Alice Wertz said...

this is gorgeous, Holly! wow! hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Dawn Frost said...

I love your tree Holly, its so springy!! Beautiful swirled background and delicate sweet pearls. Nice.

Val W said...

This is really a pretty card. I like the masked and sponged background. Pretty colors too.

bumblebee creations said...

WOW!!! This is just the best!!!