Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Angel

Happy hump day everyone, and here it is already December 1st! This year will be over before we know it. Did you get a chance to see the new images at Squigglefly? There are so many ideas I have in my mind for some of these images, but right now they have to wait because I'm still finishing up the last of my Christmas cards!

My card today uses a sweet Christmas Angel drawn by Diane Carubia. I think the expression on her face is certainly angelic!



(click to enlarge)

She's colored with Copic markers and her wings are glittered. I used yellow stickles on the candle's flame and wrapped some gold thread around the image after punching the corners.

The designer paper is from My Mind's Eye. I love the colors in this particular pattern - it's so different for snowflakes! How far along are you on your Christmas cards? I noticed yesterday while gathering up cards for December birthdays that my birthday stash is getting low, so I need to finish these Christmas cards and get some more birthday cards done!

Before I leave you today, I wanted to share a fascinating video with you. It's one I saw a long time ago and I was telling someone about it the other day and I thought you'd like to see it too. It never fails to make me think how many times we are saved from something horrible and many times may not even realize it! If you can't view the video from my blog you can see it on you tube HERE. Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!


14 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful card Holly!
I couldn't make it through the video. I might try later. It is very scary to watch so early.
I have a video on my blog and a give away if you are interested.
Hugs,
Linda

Vicki said...

Holly your card today is so festive...what an awesome image and I love that background paper you used. The gold thread is a great idea! Hope you have a great hump day!


Hugs!
Vicki

Dana said...

Wow!! Your card is just beautiful and that video is amazing. I think I'm a little afraid of trains now..lol!!
Hugs~
Dana

*Vicki* said...

Oh what a stunning creation Holly!! I love the sparkly wings and the soft colors of non-traditional Christmas!! :) HUGS

Marlene said...

Pretty card, Miss Holly!! (I love your Christmas-y name!)

That video was incredible. I watched the whole thing....gotta show hubby when he gets home. Stuff like that just makes you shake your head...wow.

Patricia St Martin said...

Very pretty card Holly. Love the soft pink anjd the sparkles in the wings. We made reindeer yesterday. You will have to stop by my blog and see. Send me your address, Emma wants to make you one and send it to you.
Hugs

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Holly :) I watched the video & some of those people were VERY lucky but others were incredibly stupid! (& lucky lol)

Hope you're having a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Chesney said...

This is actually a different video than the one I remember seeing. The one I remember had a woman falling from a high balcony and barely getting saved by the railing of the balcony below her, but that may be on a second version of this. This was a better video, IMO.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

lovely sweet angel...

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

that paper is stunning and your card is gorgeous!

barely a dusting here. snow only along the curb. good. keep it away from me! lol

hugs :)

Milliesmarvels said...

Such a lovely sweet card! Thank you for all your lovely comments when you visit my blog, I really appreciate them.
You have a lovely blog here with some amazing creations.
Hugs
Jane
x

Dawn Frost said...

What a lovely angel and your background paper is gorgeous! Love the muted colours.

Alice Wertz said...

very pretty. love the background paper you used!

Lola said...

Just catching up on your gorgeous creations!

What is with all the near misses with trains?! Mama always told me never play chicken with a train.