Monday, December 6, 2010

Embossed White Christmas and Snow!

Hi everyone! Wow, what a whirwind weekend this was! I feel like I got a lot of things done, but it was over before I knew it. I want to thank everyone who sent their good wishes for Ashley on her first marathon. She completed the marathon in a little less than 5 and 1/2 hours. I am really so proud of her for this! She's been training for this for eight months.

I have two Christmas cards to share with you today. the first one is a really quick one that requires no coloring or stamping. I got the idea from Laura Fredrickson's blog post HERE



(click to enlarge)

My card was done with a computer generated sentiment, a snowflakes embossing folder, and some holly leaf stickers from Recollections. My next card is a fun one that uses the adorable snowman from the winter tree of Nina Brackett's Seasonal Trees set.



(click to enlarge)

I colored the image with copic markers and used some white puff paint for the snow. this qualifies for the new challenge on the Squigglefly blog today which is to use snowflakes or snow on your creation!

The sentiment on my card is from Stampin' Up! and was embossed with clear embossing powder. It's still a little hard to see in the design of the scrapbook paper. I added some glitter to the star on the top of the tree.

I've got a lot of fun things lined up to show you this week! I hope you have a fantastic start to your week, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Vicki said...

Two awesome cards Holly...the first one is elegant! I love the second one...it is so festive! Awesome use of DP. Have a great day Holly!

HUGS!
Vicki

~Jeri~ said...

Love both of these cards! I do think the white one has to be my fave though!! Any tips on how to you did the embossing and sentiment printing? I always have problems lining up my sentiments to print and have enough space left to use like you did. Did you mainly eyeball in word?

Kim said...

wonderful cards Holly!

Shawna said...

Your first one looks a lot like my Christmas card this year --- that I haven't gotten around to posting! Love both cards!

Pam in Ar. said...

LOVE THEM! So simple, yet so elegant :)

*Vicki* said...

Fabulous creations Holly!! Love the elegance of the top card with the embossing and the image is so sweet on the second!! Nice coloring!!HUGS

Becky said...

Wonderful cards Holly. Dont you just love embossing folders :). And I just love the snow man with the string of lights.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow holly! these are fabulous. i love the white one!!!!

hubby needs to have a colonoscopy and he stalls and stalls and stalls. i tell him how serious it is as does his doc and he stalls and stalls and stalls. don't even ask if i make the appointment. i've already tried that.

just say a prayer.

hugs :)

Marlene said...

Both of these are gorgeous! I really need to break out my embossing folders more often. (Maybe if I wasn't so busy decorating beavers...heeehee).

Congrats to Ashley on a job well done!

Dawn Frost said...

I have always loved white cards, talk about elegant! Love the added colour of holly leaves, very nice!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

pretty

Maria Matter said...

fabulous Holly!

your emb. white card is gorgeous! love that font!

Adorable holiday card, great design! I like the cut-out corner, nice touch!
hugs & blessings!

Alice Wertz said...

love the simplicity of your first card and the second card is so cute. love the image!

Lola said...

Great cards. Nice CAS look of the first - all that white is gorgeous. The puff paint looks wonderful and that snowman is super cute!

Sandi said...

Love that image Holly! Well done!
☺ Sandi