Monday, December 20, 2010

Last Christmas Card & DT Announcement!

Hi everyone! I want to share my very last Christmas card of the year with you, but I also wanted to show you how pretty my Christmas cactus has bloomed.


(click to enlarge)


Isn't it pretty?! Now, here is my last Christmas card; well I may make some more but they'll be saved throughout the year for a head start on next year's cards!



(click to enlarge)

I colored the cute little First Snow snowman by Cheryl Alger with Copic markers and then I embossed it with the swiss dots embossing folder. I dotted white over the embossed dots on the colored areas so they'd show up better.

It's cut out with a nestabilies die and framed with another one in red. The sentiment is computer generated and I added a cute snowflake button from Recollections at the top.


Today is a very exciting post because we are announcing Squigglefly's new design team! I'm so excited for you to all see who they are. There are some names you will recognize as they've been with Squigglefly before, but there are many new faces and I hope you'll take the time to go visit their blogs and get to know them. Many of them are announcing the news on their blogs today and will share some wonderful creations they've made with some Squigglefly images! We are once again going to have two groups and the groups will rotate every week on the Squigglefly blog challenge. Without further delay, let me introduce to you the new design team!
(just click on their names to go to their blog)

Chelsea Barnes LEADER

Kym Weber

Holley Barnhart

Kari Ronnabakk

Dana Christiansen

Penni Vickers

Tammy Hair

Lisa Faul

Diana Genario

Loretta Rodger



Vicki Parson LEADER

Sue Seidlinger

Dani Chapman

Dawn Lusk

Marlene Shaw

Janice Richardson

Rebecca Grohall

Stephanie Mino

Melody Schwartz

Jennifer Greco

Patricia St. Martin will be hosting Squigglefly's group on SNR Card Universe and Heather Strenzwilk will be the hostess at our group on Paper Craft Planet. They have some fun things planned for you there as well!

It's going to be great fun seeing what these talented ladies do in the coming new year, and Squigglefly has some surprises of their own too! I'm taking a blog break until after the first of the year so I can finish up last minute Christmas things and enjoy the holidays with my family. I wish you all a blessed Christmas and a wonderful new year! Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Merry Christmas Holly! Looking forward to seeing the creations by the new team!

Tammy said...

Wonderful Christmas card. Never thought of actually embossing the image. Great idea. Thanks for your warm welcome to the Squiggelfly team.

*Vicki* said...

Lovely Christmas card sweetie!! I adore these snowmen! :) I really look forward to working with you again Holly!!! Big hugs to you and Merry Christmas!!!

Linda said...

I love the plant I have four of them because I keep making cuttings from one from my mom. They are always a surprise when all the plants out side are dead.
You card is adorable. I love it.
Congratulations to all of the new DT's.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

cute image and love the dies!
Congrats to the DT. I almost made it! :O)

Merry Christmas my sweet friend. Happy New Year too.

Marlene said...

I'm on a bloggy-vacation as you know...but stopped by first to say your card is lovely (of course!) and also to welcome the new team! I look forward to another term with Squigglefly!

bumblebee creations said...

Congrats to the new DT and I love your card Holly! Love how you have added the white where the polka dots are on his outfit--it really looks like snow!!

msfreida said...

Oh your Christmas Cactus looks BEAUTIFUL! I love those, but have never had any luck with them. You just have that magic touch!

This image is adorable and what an amazing card you made with it! Your coloring is fabulous, as always, and I love the embossing! Perfect for the effect! The die cut really frames it well too! What a way to end the year! :)

Congrats to all the new DT members! How exciting! I can't wait to see what all you do with these incredible images! :)

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas filled with lots of love, abundant blessings, and y'all make lots of precious memories.

Lots of love~
Freida

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful card Holly and gorgeous cactus! Congratulations on the new DT and have a Merry Christmas with family and Happy New Year!

Dani said...

I love your card and your Christmas Cactus! My mom grows that but I am always afraid I would kill it if I tried. :)

I look forward to creating with you and the rest of the Squigglefly DT!

Heather the MooseLover said...

Looking forward to working with you and the DT again. Here's to 2011!

Kari said...

Hi Holly!
The card is wonderful and the cactus is too ;o)
Have a Merry Christmas with your family!

Hugs,Kari :)

Pam in Ar. said...

The cactus is beautiful Holly! I love Christmas, it's such a beautiful time of the year :) I've enjoyed all of the cards you've made this year and next year, I'm going to start early!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family, I appreciate everything you do for us "lookers, stalkers?? LOL" Have a beautiful day...

Alice Wertz said...

so pretty and delightful! love this card, Holly! congrats on the new team, too. Thanks for everything, my friend! =) Happy Holidays to you and yours!

acreativeneed said...

Oh this image is adorable Holly and your card is so festive!! Love it! Have a wonderful Holiday season!!
smiles,Deena